A Miss But a Big Hunt

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
It’s a bit unfortunate that the calming of the surf would begin tomorrow and not give me a chance to do a water hunt this weekend but that’s the way it works sometimes. I still decided to head out to a beach that I have only been to twice since the hurricane, but if I had any chance for a decent water hunt it would happen there. When I got there I stated working the wet sand and noticed I was hitting greenies so I kept that up for most of the 5 hour hunt minus close to an hour that I decided to try the water but gave up due to it feeling sanded in the surf still being a tad rough. At about the midway point in the hunt, I hit a ring that was dirty but I started to rub it with sand and it turns gold so I’m thinking it’s 10K. :yes: After finishing polishing it up I could see the telltale sounds of another base metal underneath the gold plating. :( Oh well, I still had some hope that I would score in the rest of the hunt but it didn’t happen. Despite the disappointment on that ring it was still good to have gotten out. The $7.51 in clad and going over 100 coins was not shabby but I am really sore!

Attachments

• 2-25-18.jpg
    2-25-18.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
That’s a bummer on the ring but you still did well with the other!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom