Gold and Bullets...

Steve.. I starting beach hunting with a pulse so I was used to digging everything I know when I am over big iron or certain targets using the PI... I have dealt with the hole collapsing on itself especially in the suction mud it can take two hands to pull the scoop out.. that is how I messed up my rotator cuff... I will not leave a target in the hole... I am very stubborn that way... I don't want to give anyone hope that they are going to find something..

Steve what is under the hard mud? Is it clay? I mean if so then sure nothing will get past that.. the conditions yesterday were some light silt/sand followed by a mix of gravel, stones and slurry of muck... it frustrates others so they stay away... some of the hunters up here should move to FL where they don't have to complain :lol:

1 beach I don't know. Extreme low tide has mud. I've dug leg deep just so I would know what it was. Used to have the fart smell but not for a couple years. Storm yesterday completely destroyed the winter high tide line and added a foot or so of mush sand everywhere where the gold is. Just took an 8 hour bus ride to a new spot.
The other mud beach gets progressively darker and muddier the deeper it goes. Underneath that is heavy brown sand. Almost like a sand gravel. I've found old bronze/!!!! crosses from 1920s European visitors. 24k and pt999 gets stuck in the mud. Stink smell is long gone there too

1 beach I don't know. Extreme low tide has mud. I've dug leg deep just so I would know what it was. Used to have the fart smell but not for a couple years. Storm yesterday completely destroyed the winter high tide line and added a foot or so of mush sand everywhere where the gold is. Just took an 8 hour bus ride to a new spot.
The other mud beach gets progressively darker and muddier the deeper it goes. Underneath that is heavy brown sand. Almost like a sand gravel. I've found old bronze/!!!! crosses from 1920s European visitors. 24k and pt999 gets stuck in the mud. Stink smell is long gone there too

I have a couple spots with the stink mud... I stick a mint in my mouth so I don't gag from the smell... :lol: I know in past years after a big storm clams and oysters would get buried and die nothing worse than the smell of rotting seafood...

Your beach sounds interesting with the artifacts... :yes:

I have a couple spots with the stink mud... I stick a mint in my mouth so I don't gag from the smell... :lol: I know in past years after a big storm clams and oysters would get buried and die nothing worse than the smell of rotting seafood...

Your beach sounds interesting with the artifacts... :yes:

Craig that is a beauty! Nothing like the solid gold class rings. And you have been on the roll.

I guess stinky muck is every where. Smells like septic tank stuff.

Old gold, always my favorite. Sweet ring Craig.

I told Craig about a hunt I had with my DF years ago that stated off as a a whisper and ended up a a crater that I gave up on.

I went back the next day to continue hunting the area and as I passed that hole I ran my coil over it and figured I'd give it one more try. First scoop, an old gold school ring.

I often thought, if I never went back that ring would probably still be there. Always love the depth of the DF but tough on us older fellas.

Frank... I watched another hunter struggling with finding the target in the crater he had dug... he left the spot so I moved in and inverted the coil and found that the target was in the side wall one scoop antique gold ring in my pouch...

Craig that is a beauty! Nothing like the solid gold class rings. And you have been on the roll.

I guess stinky muck is every where. Smells like septic tank stuff.

Thanks Joe... down the road of life if you come up again I will gladly take you to this beach.. its had activity since the 1700's... you can help remove some of these bullets with your Viper and Skully combo :D Just leave Earl at home it would be too much for him to handle :laughing:

Joe

Go up , and play in the stink mud with Craig, busy here, next week my truck and 4 toy's i need to convert over to DE tag's , this will be fun :roll:, i haven't ran the chopper since 2011, and the speedometer doesn't work , just what you need for inspection, so i will pull the tags on this one, and put it on my own honey do list, lucky i have a bike traler to take it down for insection when i get it running again :lol:, have fun guy's, Earl

Beautiful old gold Craig- congrats! Pretty efficient hunt for a PI machine. :yes:

All the targets are very deep George.. close to shore is not PI friendly but way out is... besides you can go 15 minutes or more without a signal there... it probably discourages others ;)

Canslaw, pulltabs are all a part of the game we play... if you don't dig them then you aren't finding gold... now if you hunt old beaches like we do.. you won't dig very many at all.

Very true................I rarely dig pulltabs or bottle caps for there are almost none. These places closed before they came out and were sold to people who closed the beach part and used the land and the view..only. I've been out about 8 times this year and think I have dug two pulls.

Go up , and play in the stink mud with Craig, busy here, next week my truck and 4 toy's i need to convert over to DE tag's , this will be fun :roll:, i haven't ran the chopper since 2011, and the speedometer doesn't work , just what you need for inspection, so i will pull the tags on this one, and put it on my own honey do list, lucky i have a bike traler to take it down for insection when i get it running again :lol:, have fun guy's, Earl

Come on Earl, you going to let those Connecticut hunters beat the Nox? Get good with it and we will go up in a few years. Your turn to drive remember, but no chopper please, I rode to many hardtails, and ridged framers in my day.

Lol

OBN your smoking some good s---- buddy, my chopper is a softail bro, the girl's will have to hold on tight from the torque when i get it running :lol:, as far as driving goes , that was a one time trip, i am going to be like Craig, hunt the surrounding area , as far as vacation's , i am on vacation here :yes::D, I like it here, white sand, NO STINK MUD or ROCKS :lol: , Craig want's to hunt again with me, it's he will be- hitting the road this time howboutit :yes::lol:

OBN your smoking some good s---- buddy, my chopper is a softail bro, the girl's will have to hold on tight from the torque when i get it running :lol:, as far as driving goes , that was a one time trip, i am going to be like Craig, hunt the surrounding area , as far as vacation's , i am on vacation here :yes::D, I like it here, white sand, NO STINK MUD or ROCKS :lol: , Craig want's to hunt again with me, it's he will be- hitting the road this time howboutit :yes::lol:

If I hit the road Earl... I'll be waving hi and bye to you and go :D hunt with Joe... keep your sugar sand and fresh drops... I have little interest in that type of hunting.. ;)

Craig

Well you need a fast jet ski to hunt with Joe, on the Western Shoreline , you might do good, plenty stink mud over their , as i left that dump :laughing: Eastern shore and won't return , other than one last time to file Md steel from ya taxes , you deserve a vacation, do it , Earl

Well you need a fast jet ski to hunt with Joe, on the Western Shoreline , you might do good, plenty stink mud over their , as i left that dump :laughing: Eastern shore and won't return , other than one last time to file Md steel from ya taxes , you deserve a vacation, do it , Earl

Lets face facts Earl... Where Joe hunts is a dream for most and certainly not a dump as you describe it... Joe is a true dedicated tenacious hunter... he enjoys hunting and finding history...

With todays competition on fresh drop beaches you will be lucky to find much gold... those who research and take the time to read a beach will be more successful...

Sweet. Hard to argue with gold.

Thanks Tom...

Thanks Texas

Love those types of class rings.

I love them as well... I hate the ones with the onyx when you smack them with a hammer you have to wear safety glasses as not to get shards in the eyes :lol:

Craig

True down here in De . Md , coast, will be lucky to find any gold is correct, the season is July, Aug. Sept. here when the tourist deposit , otherwise it's dead, finding Old Gold in the Chesapeake Bay will always be their for him, research is the key player , on both sides of the bay bridge- Chesapeake bay, as Far as the dump goes , i was referring to Baltimore were i grew up born , and raised , as far as your territory, you will always find that old gold , and silver, more history their , i was over whelmed with the old silver being found , when Captain Silver pulled that Standing quarter 10 foot from me on the beach :jawdrop::holycow: , that hit a bell inside my head :lol:, all , and all i had a good time up their , 2 week's would have been better, and if i was in better shape i would have dug the rock's with ease, still out of shape today, but did fine on the beach hunt, land is a work out :yes:, time's , tide's have changed Craig, still un- packing stuff getting tag's flipped over to DE this week, not really anything happening, all i can say this year , hopefully i finally can have a happy year, 10 miles from the beach, and a nice place to live, never had the steady option to beach hunt before just on vacations a couple weeks of the year, window's of opportunity are now open, best of luck 2018, look's like Mark is on top, Chop Chop -Craig, happy hunting, Earl

True down here in De . Md , coast, will be lucky to find any gold is correct, the season is July, Aug. Sept. here when the tourist deposit , otherwise it's dead, finding Old Gold in the Chesapeake Bay will always be their for him, research is the key player , on both sides of the bay bridge- Chesapeake bay, as Far as the dump goes , i was referring to Baltimore were i grew up born , and raised , as far as your territory, you will always find that old gold , and silver, more history their , i was over whelmed with the old silver being found , when Captain Silver pulled that Standing quarter 10 foot from me on the beach :jawdrop::holycow: , that hit a bell inside my head :lol:, all , and all i had a good time up their , 2 week's would have been better, and if i was in better shape i would have dug the rock's with ease, still out of shape today, but did fine on the beach hunt, land is a work out :yes:, time's , tide's have changed Craig, still un- packing stuff getting tag's flipped over to DE this week, not really anything happening, all i can say this year , hopefully i finally can have a happy year, 10 miles from the beach, and a nice place to live, never had the steady option to beach hunt before just on vacations a couple weeks of the year, window's of opportunity are now open, best of luck 2018, look's like Mark is on top, Chop Chop -Craig, happy hunting, Earl

Everything about you is a competition and I compete with no one... metal detecting is my hobby that I enjoy... we don't compete up here... we enjoy the camaraderie we have together... your other comments are laughable... how old are you? most of us who hunt together are older than you and yet we have no issues hunting our conditions up here... if you had hunted with us out in the water like Joe did.. you would have understood better... you chose not to.

Back
Top Bottom