"The Detectorists"

I enjoyed the heck out of "Detectorists" and bought season 1 and 2 on DVD so I could share it with some non-detectorist friends. (you know the kind...eye-rollers, "find anything gooders") :lol: It's a quality show that's won awards in UK. The nice part of having the DVD's is you can turn on the captioning and get even more laughs. Between the British accents and British slang it's easy to miss a lot. Still waiting for season 3 on DVD.

Been watching it....LOL!!! Got the wife into it as well. She has had a few good laughs... Tries to compare me to the people in the show....LOL

Ok like most shows I am late to the party. However I must say I really enjoyed it! It’s not what I expected but I am watching the series again to see what I missed (a lot like uh-detecting!). There are several story lines going on at the same time and you may find yourself hooked before you know it. Also if you have Netflix, season 3 isn’t on yet so you’ll have to watch using the link above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved it from Day 1

Loved the landscape, the gentle humor, the depiction of friendship, and the knack for understanding people with passionate interests. All three seasons plus the Christmas special are on Acorn, and according to one of the third-season extras, Crook isn't saying no to writing a fourth season or another film if a storyline presents itself to him. One can hope ...

Loved the landscape, the gentle humor, the depiction of friendship, and the knack for understanding people with passionate interests. All three seasons plus the Christmas special are on Acorn, and according to one of the third-season extras, Crook isn't saying no to writing a fourth season or another film if a storyline presents itself to him. One can hope ...

Couldn’t agree more! I mean when I first saw him (Crook)I thought this character can’t be interesting as he has a face only a pirate’s mother could love ( then I remembered him from Pirates of the Caribbean)! However I learned once again you can’t judge a persons talent by the way they look. Kinda like detecting you don’t what’s below the surface...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn’t agree more! I mean when I first saw him (Crook)I thought this character can’t be interesting as he has a face only a pirate’s mother could love ( then I remembered him from Pirates of the Caribbean)! However I learned once again you can’t judge a persons talent by the way they look. Kinda like detecting you don’t what’s below the surface...

Amen!

Outstanding BBC mini series. One can find all 19 episodes on BitTorrent quite easily.

Important trailer that never was: Detectorists - underlying understanding

Thanks for posting this . I guess they didn't use this because they thought it would take away a bit of the mystery . I'm kind of glad I didn't see it until now as it kind of added a little continuation to the series . I just had to buy the whole series . I'm glad I did . It's the last series I ever bought and I refuse to buy anymore . What a great assemblage of characters !

Thanks for posting this . I guess they didn't use this because they thought it would take away a bit of the mystery . I'm kind of glad I didn't see it until now as it kind of added a little continuation to the series . I just had to buy the whole series . I'm glad I did . It's the last series I ever bought and I refuse to buy anymore . What a great assemblage of characters !

It was used. It was the opening to season 3.

Absolutely love "Detectorists"! I found out about it late last year on this thread:

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253429

Been slowly pacing myself through the series ever since (trying to make it last as long as possible!). I'm about 3/4 of the way through Season 2 now.

All of the Season 3 episodes can be watched for free on starting from this link (comes from the thread above - thanks go to member Toewe for finding them there!):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x68e6vy

Thank you so much!!!!!
Watching S3 E1 right now:D:D

Thank you so much!!!!!
Watching S3 E1 right now:D:D

Glad you're enjoying :grin: But don't thank me - I only recycled Toewe's link :cool:

When they get all three seasons onto a complete DVD set in US format, I'll be a buyer for sure!

Back
Top Bottom