Equinox 600 and gold chains?

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
So apparently the 600 uses exact same settings as 800 in multi frequency beach mode. It uses 20 and 40 hz like the 800 only in beach mode. So you think it should hit on gold chains too right?

The only differences between the 2 units to my understanding is wireless capabilities and gold mode which allows you too use the 20 and 40 hz frequency separate from multi or beach mode.

Any thoughts?

Has anyone tested the 600 with gold chains?

The only differences

Attachments

• 248C4A7B-2D32-4A88-8EE5-A332F3FE5440.jpg
    248C4A7B-2D32-4A88-8EE5-A332F3FE5440.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 2,150
Just get the 800 thank me later!!!!

It's the recovery speed that makes this machine shine in wetsand!!! The 600 probably do ok but the 800 has more features for the beach. Found both earrings with the Equinox 800....not the same day. Do I believe this machine will find gold chains.....hell yeah!!!

20180219_165439-980x2016.jpg

20180218_201200-2016x980.jpg

Quick, question, how long is the Equinox with the shaft retracted all the way? I'm thinking of travelability. And one more thing, how do you like the pinpoint button being up on the panel?

Quick, question, how long is the Equinox with the shaft retracted all the way? I'm thinking of travelability. And one more thing, how do you like the pinpoint button being up on the panel?

There are plenty retracted for a tall person but when taken a part it can be a very nice detector for a suitable for travel. The only thing is the battery. Have to ask the airline about lithium ion batteries.

The pinpoint is nice!! Its nicely placed on the panel for quite access. I never cared for the one on the CTX.

The 600

Is set up more for the coin hunter land 5-10-15 khzs, threshold setting fixed , it does not have 20 and 40 khzs, so when your in Multi running the 600 in multi its using 5,10,15 khzs in multi, not like the 800 in multi at the beach using 5,10,15,20,40 khzs scan in multi, the ability to hit the gold at the beach, you will want the 800, if yo don't beach hunt, than the 600 will be good, yes you can use the 600 at the beach in multi , but the 800 will be a lot better for the water hunter's need's finding gold, i am looking for the accessories to come out now, as i want to see if the 800 with the 15 inch coil- will be close to as good as the CTX3030 with the 17 inch coil at the beach, Earl

Is set up more for the coin hunter land 5-10-15 khzs, threshold setting fixed , it does not have 20 and 40 khzs, so when your in Multi running the 600 in multi its using 5,10,15 khzs in multi, not like the 800 in multi at the beach using 5,10,15,20,40 khzs scan in multi, the ability to hit the gold at the beach, you will want the 800, if yo don't beach hunt, than the 600 will be good, yes you can use the 600 at the beach in multi , but the 800 will be a lot better for the water hunter's need's finding gold, i am looking for the accessories to come out now, as i want to see if the 800 with the 15 inch coil- will be close to as good as the CTX3030 with the 17 inch coil at the beach, Earl
Hi
40 or 60 khz not it possible to hitch with a 15 "coil ;)
20 khz with 15 "coil is OK

Stavr

I am sure ML makes the 15 EQ coil to run in all Frequencies including multi , since when did you turn from a Scoop manufacturer to a Minelab Technician howboutit :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :?::?::?::?::?: PS the Equinox 800 Stavr 5,10,15,20,40 multi not over 40 Starv howboutit

Last edited:

When running the 600 in Multi mode it is using all 6 freqs of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 40Khz per Minelab, the 600 only has the ability to select 5, 10, and 15 in single freq mode.

Straight from Minelab. "* 20 kHz and 40 kHz are not available as single operating frequencies in EQUINOX 600. The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800." This line is below the picture posted on the link below.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-600

Attachments

• Equinox Multi Freq.jpg
    Equinox Multi Freq.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 1,354
Treasure Hunter 1

That's not correct according to ML site 5/10/15 Multi thats it has NO 20 , 40 khzs like the 800 https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-600?view=faq PS Unless i missed something that diagram come off the 800 Than again maybe to me its confusing as the 600 maybe just - not capable of running single frequency 20, 40 khzs , i am not worried about it, living at the beach it's the 800 , my pick here , thanks , maybe ML should have made it a little clearer, only brings 20 and 40 up in that diagram you posted . If it wasn't for you posting that, i would have never known, as i didn't spend any time really looking at the 600, it was all EQ 800, thanks for the correction. PS In S Arms the 600 would be good at the beach to, as far as more bells and whistles ,for the beach I will let Treasure Hunter 1 explain all the difference's, advantages , of the 800 vs the 600 at the beach, as i haven't really looked at the 600, for comparison's , sorry Earl PS Maybe the 800 was set up more for Gold prospecting in mind, with the ability to run strait 20, 40 KHZs. When wanted.

Last edited:
That's not correct according to ML site 5/10/15 Multi thats it has NO 20 , 40 khzs like the 800 https://www.minelab.com/usa/metal-detectors/treasure-detectors/equinox-600?view=faq PS Unless i missed something that diagram come off the 800 Than again maybe to me its confusing as the 600 maybe just - not capable of running single frequency 20, 40 khzs , i am not worried about it, living at the beach it's the 800 , my pick here , thanks , maybe ML should have made it a little clearer, only brings 20 and 40 up in that diagram you posted . If it wasn't for you posting that, i would have never known, as i didn't spend any time really looking at the 600, it was all EQ 800, thanks for the correction. PS In S Arms the 600 would be good at the beach to, as far as more bells and whistles ,for the beach I will let Treasure Hunter 1 explain all the difference's, advantages , of the 800 vs the 600 at the beach, as i haven't really looked at the 600, for comparison's , sorry Earl PS Maybe the 800 was set up more for Gold prospecting in mind, with the ability to run strait 20, 40 KHZs. When wanted.

The 600 does not have the option to be able to select individual freq of 20 or 40 Khz, when 600 is in Multi-IQ it is running all 5 frequencies (5, 10, 15, 20, 40khz). this is from Minelab docs and personal conversation with Minelab.

"The Multi-IQ frequency range shown applies to both EQUINOX 600 and 800."

Thanks

For the correction again, for beach hunting, do you see any advantages having the 800 vs the 600 ? I know you get wireless headphones not waterproof and a module with the 800 , but say if you get the 600 with waterproof headphones , any advantages 800 vs 600 at the beach , as water hunters would want to know, Earl

I am sure ML makes the 15 EQ coil to run in all Frequencies including multi , since when did you turn from a Scoop manufacturer to a Minelab Technician howboutit :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :?::?::?::?::?: PS the Equinox 800 Stavr 5,10,15,20,40 multi not over 40 Starv howboutit
I user of Minelab since 2001.
an advanced user :), and repair Minelab since 2008 in its service center (besides notebook and mobile phones)
I also developed and made more than 6 mods per Minelab.
I also developed PI devices and their upgrades.
I'm just a very experienced electronics engineer, I know metal detectors well not only in theory but also in practice! for example,
Minelab Gold Eureka does not work at 60 kHz with a 15 "coil. only 6 & 20 kHz.
on Minelab Explorer and Etrak written frequency of 100 kHz - but these devices do not work at this frequency :D
You need to master the a MD & Physics...

Stavr

That's good that you worked on ML detector's and Technology, but saying ML accessory coil the 15 inch for the Equinox won't work on the machine is BS, otherwise they would not make it , listen i have a ? since your scoop technology is not as advanced as the US manufactures scoop's , maybe you should concentrate on a new line of scoops, with out the screw hole in the goose neck, and with a quick release goose neck to handle , drain-able type , as to enlighten you, YOU ARE BEHIND IN THE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IN SCOOP MANUFACTURING , just to let you know, don't take this the wrong way, take it as a hint, clue, or a swift kick in the a---, to do better down the road, happy hunting, Earl PS Treasure Hunter 1 , the Equinox 15 and 6 coils , what's the deal , before i order them, as Stavr here :hornetsnest::dingding:

That's good that you worked on ML detector's and Technology, but saying ML accessory coil the 15 inch for the Equinox won't work on the machine is BS, otherwise they would not make it , listen i have a ? since your scoop technology is not as advanced as the US manufactures scoop's , maybe you should concentrate on a new line of scoops, with out the screw hole in the goose neck, and with a quick release goose neck to handle , drain-able type , as to enlighten you, YOU ARE BEHIND IN THE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY IN SCOOP MANUFACTURING , just to let you know, don't take this the wrong way, take it as a hint, clue, or a swift kick in the a---, to do better down the road, happy hunting, Earl PS Treasure Hunter 1 , the Equinox 15 and 6 coils , what's the deal , before i order them, as Stavr here :hornetsnest::dingding:

There is no doubt the 15 inch coil will work on the Equinox, 15 inch coils work on all BBS and FBS, Minelab is not going to make and sell a coil that does not work on it.

Minelab has not released a date for the 6" and 15 " release, I heard rumors of Spring for 6" and Summer for 15", but that is not official and just a rumor.

you are very mistaken ... because of your ignorance of the intricacies and lack of practical experience.
1) not everything that ML wrote or others - works as it is written or drawn :)
2) 15 "coil will not work at 40 kHz in real conditions, believe my experience :)
3) As for the technology of scoop production - in the United States there are still no manufacturers of scoop workers working on hybrid cnc machine tools, in the US they use the usual cutting of a laser :)

Back
Top Bottom