Are nickles worth buying?

Arisaka

Elite Member
I bought a box of dimes today and found 2 silvers so I'm thinking about trying my luck at nickels but is it even worth the try because a lot of people say that nickles are the worse for CRH should I just try dimes again?

Here's a sample of what I buy. My normal standing order to any bank I go to is 20 rols each of pennies, nickels and dimes. 150.00 My average is usually at least a silver nickel or dime from one of those orders. I have 2 differant banks I buy halves from. One lets me buy a box at a time and the other has a minimum order of 2 boxes. Always ask anytime your in a bank if they have loose halves they're looking to get rid of. I've had good luck that way. I don't have enough dump banks nor do I want to PO any dump banks I have by taking in massive amounts of halves at a time, thats why I go through about 8 rolls or so of each a night. I'll never get the amounts of silver that some of the people on here do, but I also know that I wont make any enemies at any of the banks I dump at which is key in a smaller sized town iwth limited availibility of dump locations.

There's no set rules on what to search other than quarters suck and don't discount nickels. I've found a lot of war nickels over the last year and even several key dates, buffs and v nickels. Have fun with it and dont plan to get rich but you me be able to put away a little silver over time and even come up with a really good find once in awhile.

When you say mixed coins do you mean you get a variety of everything or can you just buy open rolls of random coins from the bank? :?:

War nickels were never actively removed from circulation by the governement. Silver coinage was. I tend to have much better luck with nickels than I do dimes. An added side benifit to nickels is that it's possible (although not easy by any stretch) to put a complete set together by crh.

I've done exactly that for the 38-59 Jefferson set cept for the 39d. I'll get it one day though.

War nickels were never actively removed from circulation by the governement. Silver coinage was. I tend to have much better luck with nickels than I do dimes. An added side benifit to nickels is that it's possible (although not easy by any stretch) to put a complete set together by crh.

Back
Top Bottom