Rainy mega-hunt nets 19 keepers

TrpnBils

Third virgin site of the year and it was awesome! Ended up with 4 V nickels, two Buffalos, 5 Indian heads, two Mercs, three Barber dimes, one Seated dime, a standing liberty quarter, and a bucket lister two-cent piece. Never dug deeper than about 6" or so, so there may be more there deep, but it seemed pretty clean when I left!

Attachments

• 8-19-2018.jpg
    8-19-2018.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 676
WOW!! Now Im jealous!! Incredible finds dude. I gotta say, its hunts like this that inspire me to get back out there and do some more research on some new spots. Congrats

That's a good year for me! Nice. Congrats on a great variety of coins!

WOW!! Now Im jealous!! Incredible finds dude. I gotta say, its hunts like this that inspire me to get back out there and do some more research on some new spots. Congrats
Glad to hear it! I get in ruts too and it takes a kick in the butt from somebody else's posts sometimes to take another approach. I just moved to this area last year and it was hard coming off of all these places that I knew to start over from scratch. I took a different approach since I don't have the colonial sites I used to have before the move. I'm starting to get good at cracking sites from old aerials in a way I wasn't before and I think that's made the difference. Keep at it!

That is just amazing,,all those oldies..like the start of a very good coin collection,, congrats
I have coins here that are better than the ones I have in my collection from when I was buying them in high school! Didn't have a 2-center in that collection either.

Congrats on the silvers, especially the Stander and Seated Dime, your first 2 center, and the Indians and old nickels...outstanding hunt!
It's a good variety for sure. A good friend of mine hasn't been able to detect this year because of work, so I've been sending him videos of some of my better finds to get his fill while he waits out all the overtime!

Now THAT'S a good hunt! Congrats. Another day, another angle of attack, maybe up the sensitivity...you know there's a few more there!
It's less than an acre in size and pretty clean for the most part. Hit it hard with the CTX's 17" coil from multiple angles. It's odd though... I've been using Auto+3 sensitivity so it's more stable than manual. If I switch to manual I have to dial it way back because there's some kind of interference there. If I set the detector down and the coil is vertical, I get all kinds of falsing from something up off of the ground. No idea what it is though. All of this stuff was 6" or less though, and I've found dimes at 12" in auto sensitivity other places before. i'm hoping I can get the manual to calm down, but if not I'm fairly confident with such a big coil and clean ground that I'm getting the majority of it. It's all hard clay which seems to keep things shallow!

Back
Top Bottom