Rules need to be clearer!

diggininms

Before i posted my item for trade i saw a sticy thread and it showed no post limit required. It was at the top when i went to the classifieds. Now i never saw a sticky that said rules for classifieds. My post got deleted and i was just going by what was read "at the top" from the message i got from i guess a moderator. Will yall please clear out the old stickies and post the real rules. Thanks.
JEREMY uploadfromtaptalk1449355950489.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449355968125.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R970X using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1449356039755.jpgnow as you can clearly see what was at the top and what i was told! I dont appreciate my post being deleted from what i saw and read "at the top of the classifieds". Have a great day!

Can't be much clearer

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=199535
Nobody is being singled out. The rules apply to everyone. Whoever told you the requirement was dropped was misinformed.

At one time they were too loose. A couple members were taken for a significant financial loss. For every complaint aired for all to see, a dozen more were directed solely to mods and administrators.
The only way to discourage would be scammers was to make sure they were vested in this forum.
We still have a hit and run on occasion, and we deal with it. Use the forum
E-Trader system and know who you are dealing with.

It's a forum with rules governing classifieds, subject matter, and family type speech that is designed to minimize flaming. It's called "Friendly" because we strive to keep that image.

Last edited:
Well sir you said "at the top of the classifieds correct? Please sir tell me what post in the picture above that i posted was "at the top" as you stated. It was the top of mine. If you want to delete peoples post. Please get you alls stuff together.

My apologies i did not click the stickies as i didnt know it was clickable. I thought the post under stickies were the stickies. Grinsebring my apologies sir. Please close or delete this thread. Thank you.
Jeremy.

Even under the rules it does not state a lost limit!uploadfromtaptalk1449364582597.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449364592380.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449364601842.jpg so i still dont see the 200 post limit required. and that was in the stickies at the top.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=199535
Nobody is being singled out. The rules apply to everyone. Whoever told you the requirement was dropped was misinformed.

At one time they were too loose. A couple members were taken for a significant financial loss. For every complaint aired for all to see, a dozen more were directed solely to mods and administrators.
The only way to discourage would be scammers was to make sure they were vested in this forum.
We still have a hit and run on occasion, and we deal with it. Use the forum
E-Trader system and know who you are dealing with.

It's a forum with rules governing classifieds, subject matter, and family type speech that is designed to minimize flaming. It's called "Friendly" because we strive to keep that image.
This stickie should be right under carols post. Carols post about rules doesnt state that. Im just saying it should be in the main rules. You shouldnt have to search all over or get the actual link sent to you. It needs to be clearer. I dont appreciatee my post being deleted because i met the requirements under carols rules. Please put my post back up or remove that stickie and post a new one with the new laws. I dont mind abiding by the rules. So far i have according to carols. Thanks.
Jeremy.

The rules for the classifieds are in the rules for the forum which can be found as a sticky in the Forum Announcements section.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/announcement.php?f=8

8. Classifieds
-Sellers/Traders/Auctioneers will need to have been members for six months and have logged 200 significant posts before they can use the classifieds
-Do not post a link to outside auctions or For Sale items such as eBay, Craigslist or items listed on other websites, etc.
-Items For Sale in the Classifieds must have a price listed, or please use the auction forum.
-Please edit your title and mark your item SOLD or ENDED after the auction/sale.
-KNOW and RESEARCH who you are dealing with, and BEWARE of scammers! Use at your own risk!

Can't be anymore clearer than that.

The rules for the classifieds are in the rules for the forum which can be found as a sticky in the Forum Announcements section.

8. Classifieds
-Sellers/Traders/Auctioneers will need to have been members for six months and have logged 200 significant posts before they can use the classifieds
-Do not post a link to outside auctions or For Sale items such as eBay, Craigslist or items listed on other websites, etc.
-Items For Sale in the Classifieds must have a price listed, or please use the auction forum.
-Please edit your title and mark your item SOLD or ENDED after the auction/sale.
-KNOW and RESEARCH who you are dealing with, and BEWARE of scammers! Use at your own risk!

Well sir when im told the rules are at the top of the classifieds and that rule isnt there then yea its not clear. With all due respect all i asked was to make that clearer! I was told one thing but i see another. Say what you mean, mean what you say. If im told its at the top of the classifieds and i dont see it which its not there then its not my fault. Now here you posted a link i cant open may be because of my service. Now you have posted that link and i cant find forum announcements but with that said i have just picked through every sub form. All im asking is it be more clearer for the next with this problem. Remove carols rules and post the new rules under the classifieds which is where they should be because of it pertaining to it.

8. Classifieds

I just received a message that I could post a WTB because I didn't have 200 post yet, I believe I'm at 80ish. I just read your post and I see nothing about buyers? I understand forum rules but I have to agree with others the rules to classifieds should be at the top of classifieds and clearer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just received a message that I could post a WTB because I didn't have 200 post yet, I believe I'm at 80ish. I just read your post and I see nothing about buyers? I understand forum rules but I have to agree with others the rules to classifieds should be at the top of classifieds and clearer.

Thank you! Their rules arent that clear and the rules they say are rules are not in the rules where they should be! They should be clearer! The guy that deleted my post lets people bump their post but thats ok. I guess they are best buds.

Grinsebring is the one that i showed the bumping to and he did nothing, but then wants to fuss and delete others post for not following! He should be removed from admin!

It's their rules so I guess they can pick and choose

It's their rules so I guess they can pick and choose

Yes sir and trust me the "friendly metal detector forum" (ha so its called) do pick favorites!

I agree. The guy that pm'd me was very nice. I just wish they were clearer

All you have to do is read rule number 8

8. Classifieds

http://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=223554

In each sub-section of the classifieds Gil has left a link to the rules of the forum...

All you have to do is read rule number 8

8. Classifieds

http://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=223554

In each sub-section of the classifieds Gil has left a link to the rules of the forum...
In the rules set up for the classified it does not state this. This forum is obviously ran like playing tag with my 3 year old! She just makes the rules up as she goes and inquires them in somewhere. All im saying is they should be clearer! No one should have to hustle through subfirums. I only see 3 stickies above the classifieds and what you posted wasnt one of them. Umm the classified "rules" arent numbered. Please check the pictures i provided a while back and have a great day!

Back
Top Bottom