What would YOU do - Job in a kitchen??

I like the food truck idea, but I'd go more AAFES style old school Roach Coach.

They would show up at the ranges. You could grab smokes, coffee, candy, soda, chips, sandwiches...... PX on wheels

Okay, lots of good info!

So, I grew up in the south and we are now far north. We had baked goods in Texas that simply do NOT exist in Michigan. And my wife loves to make these baked goods. Problems are they can’t be done in a food truck. The dough itself has to be made 24hrs in advance and to be able to process those amounts in a food truck would be impossible. So that’s why we were thinking a small brick and mortar place. Breakfast and baked goods in the AM. And bringing out the small menu in the evening hours.

However! I had been telling my wife I wanted to do a food truck for a LONG time because I know they take in a lot of cash. Security would be an issue. :/

But I wanted to do simple foods in the truck. Small specialty menu that was mostly finger foods, pub foods, etc. fish n chips, burgers, dawgs, etc. and there aren’t many food trucks in the state from what I’m finding out. And I’m near a big college town.

Problem I have is figuring out how to get permissions to park in parking lots to serve the foods. Not many resources available for that kind of info. And I’ve seen some fully decked out trucks for under $15k.

There are a lot of fairs and carnivals here too that would be killer to hit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FOOOOOD TRUUUCKKKKKK. Is the way to go. Lower investment. Tons of cash. If it works, you can always take the tons of cash and invest in another truck or a restaurant. Friend of mine quit his job and opened up a BBQ truck. He hasn't looked back.

BCD

food truck

Okay, lots of good info!

So, I grew up in the south and we are now far north. We had baked goods in Texas that simply do NOT exist in Michigan. And my wife loves to make these baked goods. Problems are they can’t be done in a food truck. The dough itself has to be made 24hrs in advance and to be able to process those amounts in a food truck would be impossible. So that’s why we were thinking a small brick and mortar place. Breakfast and baked goods in the AM. And bringing out the small menu in the evening hours.

However! I had been telling my wife I wanted to do a food truck for a LONG time because I know they take in a lot of cash. Security would be an issue. :/

But I wanted to do simple foods in the truck. Small specialty menu that was mostly finger foods, pub foods, etc. fish n chips, burgers, dawgs, etc. and there aren’t many food trucks in the state from what I’m finding out. And I’m near a big college town.

Problem I have is figuring out how to get permissions to park in parking lots to serve the foods. Not many resources available for that kind of info. And I’ve seen some fully decked out trucks for under $15k.

There are a lot of fairs and carnivals here too that would be killer to hit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is lots of information on how to start a food truck business on the internet. You might do a little research ahead to see if it would work for you. Some people around here have made a pull behind trailer and take them to special events.

Back
Top Bottom