e-trac: cover/no cover

stapler101

What are the opinions on covers for the e-trac arm rest (pro-tector) and a screen cover?
If you use them, what brand?
I like the idea of both but I wanted some opinions from users.

I just got my control box cover a couple weeks ago and love it. It keeps the dust and dirt off it and if there is some light moisture, but it does not make it water proof. I purchased mine form Kellyco.

I just saw this on ebay.
KOVER GAURD. It is 3 piece that covers the arm, handle and box.
Any one familiar with it?

Use the cover on at least the control box!!! Your swinging a $1500 machine! I love when people worry about "rubbing" silver roosevelt or mercury dimes, but in their videos their Etrac is caked in mud and dirt and without a cover. Its so easy to scratch the screen on these machines without a cover on. Much easier than scratching a $3 silver dime I'd say.

My advice is a $10 rain/dust cover is the absolute best accessory you can buy for your investment/Etrac

I use the basic control box cover from Kellyco

Use the cover on at least the control box!!! Your swinging a $1500 machine! I love when people worry about "rubbing" silver roosevelt or mercury dimes, but in their videos their Etrac is caked in mud and dirt and without a cover. Its so easy to scratch the screen on these machines without a cover on. Much easier than scratching a $3 silver dime I'd say.

My advice is a $10 rain/dust cover is the absolute best accessory you can buy for your investment/Etrac

I use the basic control box cover from Kellyco

:lol: Very good point!!!! :lol:

I only put a cover on the control box if it's raining(too much glare on the screen). I have a zagg cover on the face of the control box and I love it!

I've always had a cover on the control box. I bought a Pro Tector for the handle but then decided on the SunRay X-1 probe so the Pro Tector dosnt work so well. Just sold it to another forum member. I'm not worried about the glare on the screen from the cover as I hunt mainly from sound.......

I have decided on the Pro-tector brand cover for the arm and the box.
Where can I buy both?

I use the Zagg on mine. If it's looking like rain I have an AT-Pro...
Just looked at their site and I will be getting one as well. I wish GGS made one for detectors they are micro-glass protectors I use on my cameras. But the Zaggs do seem to be fairly tough.

I've bought covers from Treasure Place on e-Bay. Found them to be of very high quality and reasonably priced. Here's the link to his site. He offers a good selection for the different brands. Hope that helps.

HH & Merry Christmas

I used a Minelab one on my Explorer, it worked well. They are all pretty much the same.

i use the sunray brand dust/rain cover and i'll have my pro-tector body cover tomorrow...thanks BlackZ51Vett :D, i also have a minelab neoprene cover on the arm cuff which is also nice.

cover

i bought a head cover and came with a handle cover too,I wanted this as it seemed that the screen and handle,get's dirty fast ,now it's protected,agains't rain,dirt,and dust,Earl Ps ebay 15.00 buck's

thanks for the replies!
I agree that the cost of the machine warrants a cover.

thanks to all!

I have a Explorer and got one of those off feebay 3 pieces the box cover is way to loose to much glare. The handle and armrest cover i still use. I got the minelab box cover and i love it fits tight not as much glare. IMO :yes:

A Minelab or Sunray cover up for sure, especially if you hunt in the rain. As for covering higher up that makes no sense to me, unless you're the type that wears a condom on your nose too.

Back
Top Bottom