1280x users

BottlecapBill

So.....I bought an older model 1280x. It's been finding things but someone in another forum told me at max sens I should be able to pick up a dime at 9 inches air testing. Well....I'm at about 3-4 inches tops. Is this information correct? An I setting something up wrong? Or are my batteries just dying. The lame battery testing seems to indicate they're ok but........it's a noise based test which can be a bit subjective.

Any ideas?

very late response, but I have one of the very old original 1280x detectors, 8" coil with three opening on the white coil and red head phones, i get 4-5" air test on a dime but in the water it sure goes deeper. My guess is whoever is claiming 9" has the 12" coil on a newer 1280x.

Haha old thread. I sold my 1280........you're right it did go deep in water but was too insensitive to small jewelry in my area. I barely even found any junk jewelry with it. Mostly because of the hot rocks here, I had to run the sens to high :(

Was great on silver though, found a bit of silver in the water with it. The silver screamed at me oddly enough.

I know what you mean, if its smaller then a ring, there is a good chance you wont find it, sometimes things will surprise you though. What detector have you upgraded to? i hunt in Minnesota and in some areas we get very high iron contents here as well

detectors

I sold my ace and my 1280 and next season I`m going to get some new ones. I have no clue yet.....but I have all winter to decide. I need depth for land and water and something that can find the small stuff. I`m torn right now lol. Something that can handle black rocks would be nice, but I suspect there is no such machine. I`ll just have to listen to the tones.

Back
Top Bottom