The case of the missing sand.

Doug

Elite Member
Last week we had very strong easterly winds over several days, our prevailing winds are south west.

Strong winds in the east over a period of a few days will lift the sand out on some beaches on the south coast (England)

Due to being snowed in it was not possible get my car out of my garage until Sunday when my buddy and I drove down to a local beach on the south coast.

We had 140+ coins out between us and my buddy had 5 rings of which 4 are 18K.

Due to all the surface iron we elected to use our XP Deus with the 11 inch coil in the wet sand program with no changes.

Thanks for looking...........Doug.

Pete setting up his machine.
LuSjTFC.jpg

The missing sand!
4Bi9bjR.jpg

Most of the coins pre-decimalisation. (15th February 1971)

sJR39jP.jpg

uJK8ted.jpg

VLggl6i.jpg

I hope you're planning on hitting this area up again before it gets sand back. I have found that even a subtle change in the wind direction can have a nice affect as long as it is prolonged.

Great finds. I’d love to see those rings. As Felix says “hope you hit that area again before all that sand returns. There’s got to be more.

I hope you're planning on hitting this area up again before it gets sand back. I have found that even a subtle change in the wind direction can have a nice affect as long as it is prolonged.

Great finds. I’d love to see those rings. As Felix says “hope you hit that area again before all that sand returns. There’s got to be more.

My buddy went down today most of the sand back in on this beach, he went to the next beach along and had the around 60+ coins but no rings.

I'm just waiting for the rings to go up on our small FB group.

If you even get into conditions like that again, cherry pick mid tones. Don’t waste time digging targets that are not possibly gold. Those are the conditions we all hope to find.
That would be a big mistake considering he's in England! He would miss out on possible hammered Roman coins.

I found your sand

We just ended a NorEaster here in SE Massachusetts and all it did was rip sand off the bay shore side from under homes and left it in the swimming areas. On the sound side...pushed more sand up onto the beach. Wind and waves keeping me from the possible good areas. Maybe tomorrow morning, I'll take another look. Two more NorEasters are headed our way and we are looking forward to seeing the rocks. go dig some more targets!

Many beach areas are taped off - DO NOT CROSS - POLICE -
https://youtu.be/cszPxx5y4Rg
36,000 without power two days ago, down to 1,600 today.

Last week we had very strong easterly winds over several days, our prevailing winds are south west.

Strong winds in the east over a period of a few days will lift the sand out on some beaches on the south coast (England)

Due to being snowed in it was not possible get my car out of my garage until Sunday when my buddy and I drove down to a local beach on the south coast.

We had 140+ coins out between us and my buddy had 5 rings of which 4 are 18K.

Well DANG... how come he got all the rings!!?

Good morning USA.

Now in receipt of my detecting buddies photographs of his finds.

Pete and I have been detecting together for over 30 years on both beach and land, we own the same makes of detectors, Minelabs and XP's.

There is no rivalry between us and we have nothing to prove to each other.

We have 'banter' when we are out but we are more than happy to see each other have the 'find of the day' whether it be beach or land.

On Sunday Pete was the one who put his coil over the gold rings and I did not, last time on the beach it was the other way round.

...Doug.

You can see 2 large pieces of iron in this photograph.

zuw66rP.jpg

Pete's rings.
fIeVWWs.jpg

Old coins.
WP112l4.jpg

Lead toys plus other bits.
V3PN8yG.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom