On The Board For 2018

Irons

Forum Supporter
PIRATE.GIF

Got out in the icebergs and wind yesterday and scored a couple keepers!
Much nicer out today but no Gold. Hopefully Sturrat scored today, he went the other direction.

Thanks for looking and good hunting out there folks! :grin:

8.jpg

1rs.jpg

2rs.jpg

3rs.jpg

4rs.jpg

5rs.jpg

7rs.jpg

6rs.jpg

ICE!!!! Nice .... yet not nice...... I can't find the strength to get out when it's in the low 50's upper 40's. Then again it's So Cal... GLHH

Congrats on being on the board so early Jim. I tried but failed in Florida and will be in Mexico in a few weeks.

They look great for this time of year. Hope your finds are better than last year

:dingding: Hats off to you getting a double in the icebergs! :shock:

Good job on the two gold Irons.. what is the water temp if I may ask?

Yikes! IDK, if I'm going to be in waders in March, I think I'd rather be chasing steelhead.

I'm hoping you are wearing waders...thick ones at that!

Nice gold...... but i prefer my ice on a beer bottle, in a margarita, or out of the fridge.:laughing: Not enough cloths to keep me warm up there anymore.

I just got back from Indy after 9 days. I dont think i ever seen the sun..... rain rain rain. Funny.... my brother-in-law noticed my new looking wrangler jeans and was wanting to get a pair. So he asked me how much they cost? I told him i have no idea...... these were 10 years old..... i wear nothing but shorts and flip flops:lol:.

I went out there this am...frozen sand, skiff of ice between the shore and the bergs, also layer of ice covered sand on the bottom......found a dime, a penny, and an empty can also worth a dime, then I cruised some parking lot snowpiles eyeballing for bills and cans......So I would say conditions are not at all optimal for West Michigan Big Lake Gold Hunting, besides Irons, who is a well known insane, suffering in the terminal stages of Gold Fever............ Maybe a month from now for the rest of us if then? :laughing:

Attachments

• mar 4-18.jpg
    mar 4-18.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 250
  • feb 11-17-2.jpg
    feb 11-17-2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 228
  • jan 21-17-1.jpg
    jan 21-17-1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 254
  • mar 6-4.jpg
    mar 6-4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 233
  • Apr 1-15-3.jpg
    Apr 1-15-3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I went out there this am...frozen sand, skiff of ice between the shore and the bergs, also layer of ice covered sand on the bottom......found a dime a penny, and an empty can also worth a dime, then I cruised some parking lot snowpiles eyeballing for bills......So I would say conditions are not at all optimal for West Michigan Big Lake Gold Hunting, present Company excluded of course...... Maybe a month from now if then? :laughing:

You can do it Mud. I am not fond of hunting in a slushie like some of you are. I used to. Love to see you folks out there and freezing!!

You can do it Mud. I am not fond of hunting in a slushie like some of you are. I used to. Love to see you folks out there and freezing!!

You got THAT right! I went through 4 packs of HotHand Toe warmer stick ons in 1/2hr! One set inside my earphones,, another set in each mitten, two in my boots, and the other two stuffed down the back of my pants to keep me from freezing my @ss off! That self adhesive backing on the HotFeets really comes in handy! Way much better than the standard issued Hothands! Here in Michigan, I'd like to have a coat made out of them!:laughing:

Attachments

• hot hands.jpg
    hot hands.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 241
Back
Top Bottom