Got Double Faked!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I planned on leaving early yesterday from work, but after needing to take my dog to the vet in the morning, I just took half a day instead. Conditions were to be great on South Beach and low tide was near 3pm so I just couldn’t resist getting out there and getting an early jump on the beginning of the Spring Breakers. I was out there hunting by 12:30 and within the hour I scored what I thought was my 1st gold ring! :clapping: I couldn’t take a good look at it at the time but I was pretty sure. It came on a drop-off from an offshore sand bar into a trough. I then started working for my 2nd gold. I ran into a few pirates, spoke to a couple of them, one being Bling Digger, and we showed each other our golds. BD had found a gorgeous man’s band that had channel set diamonds :shock: (a truly beautiful piece that I hope she posts). I continued on my hunt and then I came across what I thought would be my 2nd good score which was the sunglasses, which I couldn’t take a good look at, but was sure they were “Ray Bans”. :yes: I hunted for 4.5 hours with the last hour starting to get rough with the weather changing and the tide coming in. When I got to my car I took the sunglasses out of my pocket and they were not Ray Bans. At least they didn’t have a scratch and will make a good pair to keep at school. Well I still scored the gold I thought! That is until I got home and noticed the ring was a “bit off”. I put on the jeweler’s loupe and read the inside of the band “Stainless Steel”. Well, a so-so day at the beach in the beautiful sun and water is better than a great day at work! :good:

ADDENDUM: A guy came up to me to tell me about a gold chain he had lost. He couldn't narrow down the area to well though. I told him that my detector wouldn't pick it up unless it had a medallion. He said it was thick so I gave it a go on all-metal for about 20 minutes and dug every possible nuance of a sound change but no luck. (So there's a nice big chain waiting offshore around 18th street if anyone has an Equinox. ;) )

Attachments

• 3-2-18.jpg
    3-2-18.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 488
  • 3-2-18 Ring.jpg
    3-2-18 Ring.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 476
Pardon my ignorance as I'm new, but why wouldn't your detector be able to pick up the gold chain

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance as I'm new, but why wouldn't your detector be able to pick up the gold chain
It is an extremely difficult thing for a detector to pick up, especially gold. I have picked up silver chains but gold is another animal. Most detectors can't pick up chains. That's why so many hunters on here are excited by the new Equinox which reportedly can "see" them

I guess it doesn't matter if that one fits.:lol:
If it isn't gold or plat it never fits! :lol:

I see

You found the lock to the treasure chest, were is the treasure, Felix get a Equinox , find the chain next week, that will pay for the machine, as you won't see that guy again, happy hunting.:D

Yep

All the report's the die hard GT, Excalibur's, CTX3030s that are used beach hunting, they won't tell you, but you will see them swinging Nox's sooner than they tell you :shock::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: , Felix will have that chain in custody Next week :yes::laughing:

funny how they always look better in the water when you pull them out of the scoop. then you get home and....:(. been there done that- go getem on the next hunt

Felix get a Equinox ,

Time for Equinox.:D:yes:

Gentlemen, I can almost guarantee that I will never make the Equinox or any other digitally display screened metal detector my preferred water hunting machine. I don't want to spend my hunts reading screens and I don't believe digital touch pads can take the abuse that I would give them.

I'm jealous of those crusty worthless zincs Felix... I'm jealous because my old beaches don't have any :lol:

Some folks are just full of themselves. They have detectors and scoops they never use. Then they get new detectors and scoops and feel they are better than the ones they never used.

Now they are telling folks to get a machine they have never found gold with and think it is better than the ones they already had but laid around enjoying the good unused life.

I sure love this place. Felix, you might as well get an Equinox. Since they came out it has been found to be better than sliced bread. Your machine is now obsolete and worthless. You won't find any more gold with it I am sure.

The Equinox is in, all others are now obsolete. You will probably have to pay someone to take your outdated equipment like mine is.

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I can almost guarantee that I will never make the Equinox or any other digitally display screened metal detector my preferred water hunting machine. I don't want to spend my hunts reading screens and I don't believe digital touch pads can take the abuse that I would give them.

I agree with you here Felix...

Craig/ Felix

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: You said you will be getting one, Felix Tiger shark to Excalibur to Equinox , i know you want to see those fat chain's :yes::lol: , just a matter of time :impatient::jawdrop::detector:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: You said you will be getting one, Felix Tiger shark to Excalibur to Equinox , i know you want to see those fat chain's :yes::lol: , just a matter of time :impatient::jawdrop::detector:

For dirt Earl... over the years I have found chains... so far I haven't seen anyone pull a chain with this new detector... :roll:

Than your getting

A 600 , or 800 for dirt, Captain Silver will be jealous howboutit, PS someone will spot you down at the beach with a Equinox sooner , or later .

We hope to maybe meet up with you later this year. Or at least me anyhoo! If I bring my CTX you don't get to push any buttons:laughing:

A 600 , or 800 for dirt, Captain Silver will be jealous howboutit, PS someone will spot you down at the beach with a Equinox sooner , or later .

Earl my Nox supposed to come next week. Only bad thing is I might miss this storm with it since it starts tearing the beach up tomorrow:shock::lol:

Back
Top Bottom