UPS delivered a Unicorn to my house today.

Crumble

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Equinox 800 finally arrived. A big thanks to JackalopeZL1 for selling me his Equinox!

After a little bit of air testing, both beach modes will hit a 14k earring back, beach 1 at 3 inches or so, beach 2 at around an inch. None of my other machines hit this earring back in an air test. As for a very thin gold chain... beach mode 1 will give a tiny blip at less than an inch. Gold 1 mode will hit it at 2 inches or so. This is a very thin gold chain, thinner than the one in the video that everyone is impressed with.

These air tests were done indoors with lowered sensitivity (18). Recovery speed at 1.

I will be using gold mode 1 on the beach if it is possible to get it to remain stable.

Hey Crumble. The unicorns must be migrating to the west coast. My Equinox is scheduled to dropship tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if we can pick up a few more gold items on our black sand beaches. GL and be safe !!

the only device in my hands that perfectly saw the thin gold chains before that it was Eureka Gold (Minelab) ....

I watched the first 25 minutes... as a beach machine.. I am not impressed I am sorry to say...I still would like to try it in the dirt.

I think it was designed to knock out the ATpro. Which it should easily do at the beach. CTX being a screen # detector not gonna suffer at all. I see the dry sand hunters here are doing good so far this year with cheaper detectors. But still appears equinox just plain loves most bottlecaps. At least with a CTX most are easy to figure out except the caps with nickel alloy to prevent rust. I knew when I saw the Nox vid in Hawaii and he said the Nox must have picked up the foil on the cap he was gonna find out the easy way the reality of bottlecaps:lol:

I think it was designed to knock out the ATpro.

Well...I'm not sure if that was ML's primary intent, but I agree Larry, it will rob some Pro sales to the new Freshwaterbabies at least...Its ergonomics, speed, price point, multifreak on the black sand here...I could financially justify in an evaluation...

Its comfort and speed would make it a better dry sander than the Pro...in the water, a guy can only push a coil so fast anyway, so that would be a wash...

Most dedicated Freshwaterbabies trust their Pro, ...hard to pry it out of their hands...Most Salties trust their CTX's or Excals or PI's...

Knocking out the AtPro would be one tough challenge....I do not think this OX rig is up to the task for the existing Freshwaterbabies...not from what I've seen so far..We will know the performance advantage by July I hope..

From what I've seen and all the comments made, the Equinox's strength seems to lie in its ability to strongly cover many different areas. So, it may not be the best in salt, or in the dry, or in the dirt but it may be good enough for the person looking to only have 1 or 2 detectors that can be versatile. For durability, I am not a big fan of touch screens however.

From what I've seen and all the comments made, the Equinox's strength seems to lie in its ability to strongly cover many different areas. So, it may not be the best in salt, or in the dry, or in the dirt but it may be good enough for the person looking to only have 1 or 2 detectors that can be versatile. For durability, I am not a big fan of touch screens however.

The issue for me is all these claims by ML about this new technology... I'll buy one as a dirt machine, maybe wet rocks but what I have seen doesn't make me want to put down my Excal...

The issue for me is all these claims by ML about this new technology... I'll buy one as a dirt machine, maybe wet rocks but what I have seen doesn't make me want to put down my Excal...

Thats the thing..I see no great advantage over what I'm already running...Yeah I like speed, but I cant keep up with the dirt rig I already have and know..Yeah, I like waterhunting gold...but I dont want to hear about microgram earring finds....

Its gonna take a few months of positive infield feedback from hunters we trust to get me off my wallet...Time and Gold Wait for Nobody...

Well...I'm not sure if that was ML's primary intent, but I agree Larry, it will rob some Pro sales to the new Freshwaterbabies at least...Its ergonomics, speed, price point, multifreak on the black sand here...I could financially justify in an evaluation...

Its comfort and speed would make it a better dry sander than the Pro...in the water, a guy can only push a coil so fast anyway, so that would be a wash...

Most dedicated Freshwaterbabies trust their Pro, ...hard to pry it out of their hands...Most Salties trust their CTX's or Excals or PI's...

Knocking out the AtPro would be one tough challenge....I do not think this OX rig is up to the task for the existing Freshwaterbabies...not from what I've seen so far..We will know the performance advantage by July I hope..

True, most freshwaterbabies like the Pro. I am waiting for a dedicated fresh water machine that will go deeper than 10'. Us freshwateradults would love a machine that will go deeper and hit on small gold chains.

Yeah no experience at all in the freshwater. All I know is you do not want to be watching pulse induction vids in freshwater wanting to buy one. If you see me posting its all about the salt. I only hunted inland once in the last 4 years. All our fresh water is off limits to swimming where I live. Tourists not knowing any better even feed gators popcorn and bread. Well you go in a lake you turn into bread to a fed gator. No thanks!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom