• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lake Michigan Water Hunting

SCR1

I've been hunting the Lake Michigan beach about 5 times and it has a bunch of clad, jewelry though is hard to come by. So I decided to take to the water, however, the water never really gets warm even in summer which means that the amount of time you can be in there is limited. I took that into account and decided to bring a short sleeve wetsuit to keep me warm. Even though the temp was in the Mid 80's the water was about 70.

Waves were less than 1ft.

Well it paid off as I found my first gold ring. About 50-75 feet from shore in about 2 feet of water.

There are not a lot of targets that I could find in the 2-3 feet deep water, which is about all I could dig easily. Not much garbage either in the swim area.

It is 10ct gold and has either a .3 ct ruby or garnet stone and it had two small diamonds, one which was missing.

I'm waiting for my sand shovel to arrive and I will go into the deeper areas of the swim area which is a decent size.

I spent about 4 hours in there and I was spent after that even with the wet suit.

I also found a Freemason Diamond Pendant but without markings I couldn't determine its metal content.

Nice work...

Pictures?

I'm sorry to tell you, but you've probably already said too much, and well, they might already be coming to get you.. Might even be knocking on your door by the time I post this, but that could depend on if there's any fresh roadkill along the way to your house..

Welcome aboard! :pirate2:

<°)))>{

Nice work...

Pictures?

I'm sorry to tell you, but you've probably already said too much, and well, they might already be coming to get you.. Might even be knocking on your door by the time I post this, but that could depend on if there's any fresh roadkill along the way to your house..

Welcome aboard! :pirate2:

<°)))>{

I need hazard pay for being in the water that long.

There was another guy there detecting the beach after I got there.

Not to mention I filled a shopping bag of garbage too.

There was another guy there detecting the beach after I got there.

Did he follow you home? Are you sure?

This is the warmest it gets!!

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    IMG_20141118_222925.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 158
Am I to assume you are hunting on the Wisconsin Side of lake Mich? if so, Congratulations! Have a great time and please by all means, ask as many questions as needed to become a Big Lake Gold Monster!

If you are however, hunting over on the Michigan side of the lake?...then theres really no congratulations or help available.....lets just say its a State Law or Tax thing...:laughing::laughing:

You can go another couple of mil thick in the suit.

In this Florida heat there is no escape.

Back
Top Bottom