Chatter problem w/my Tesoro

I believe that Bill's problem was caused from his cell phone.

and makes perfect sense, next time I'll pay attention to that one, I didn't know tesoro had a transmition detector.:wow:

thanks

It looks like this one was figured out, but one thing that cleared up chattering problems on my Vaquero was resetting the GB like in the manual under the air test.
Its 5 turns CW and 2 CCW, I believe (but double check that).

It looks like this one was figured out, but one thing that cleared up chattering problems on my Vaquero was resetting the GB like in the manual under the air test.
Its 5 turns CW and 2 CCW, I believe (but double check that).

I haven't had time to hunt since then, it's a nice tip NMsilver, thanks

I discovered what was the cause of the chattering in my machine, headphone jack!

I think it needs to be replaced, when the chatter started yesterday I moved the cord near the plug and I could stop the noise keeping it at some position, then I applied some duct tape to keep it that way and had no problems during all day

If you ever have that problem in the future just check that

West Texas,
I should have mentioned that fresh batteries didn't remedy the problem.
It also seems to me that if batteries were running low, the MD would make less noise rather than more.?

Alan,
Last time it happened was in the woods but it is a 1/2 mile from an airport and 1/8 mile from an electric commuter train rail. Even so, it would work fine for roughly an hour and then just start chattering while in the same area.

My Sand Shark chatters like that from electro magnetic interferance (EMI). Could be from a cell tower, wifi, overhead power lines or other electronics in the area. I think it also can come from your cell phone if it happens to be gathering data like a smart phone. I even have certain beaches that get chatter while walking toward the water and no chatter while walking away from the water. Only other thing I could think of is if the coil wire is too close tot he coil or to tight and so with every movement it tugs at the coil wire although it sounds liek classic EMI.

Stan,

If you go down the posts you will see that I discovered it was my cell phone. The other day I had to turn it completely off because it was making my Vaq chatter.

My Sand Shark chatters like that from electro magnetic interferance (EMI). Could be from a cell tower, wifi, overhead power lines or other electronics in the area. I think it also can come from your cell phone if it happens to be gathering data like a smart phone. I even have certain beaches that get chatter while walking toward the water and no chatter while walking away from the water. Only other thing I could think of is if the coil wire is too close tot he coil or to tight and so with every movement it tugs at the coil wire although it sounds liek classic EMI.

This happens to me today with my Sand Shark. I just kept walking till I got away from the source causing the interference. I also thought it was my batteries but when I would not go away I figured it was some type of interference.

Back
Top Bottom