Vanquish in stores.

Dig-on

Forum Supporter
I was Black Friday shopping this morning and Dick’s sporting goods has them in stock. I had them open the 340 so I could check it out. Very lightweight and felt like it had decent build quality. Almost pulled the trigger.

Btw, I wasn’t endorsing this machine in any way. I was just putting it out there in case someone wanted to see one up close.
The one thing I can’t understand about this series is the 1/8” headphone plug. Makes no sense.

Very interesting. I'm surprised there wasn't an announcement first. Have the people who have preordered these received them yet?

Btw, I wasn’t endorsing this machine in any way. I was just putting it out there in case someone wanted to see one up close.
The one thing I can’t understand about this series is the 1/8” headphone plug. Makes no sense.

The 1/8" headphone jack is what I disliked most about the early explorer series. Can't believe they are actually bringing them back...

The 1/8" headphone jack is what I disliked most about the early explorer series. Can't believe they are actually bringing them back...

I think it might be due to the fact that almost everything is made with 1/8 now,all iPads,iPhone etc,and store shelves are full of 1/8 earbuds,headphones.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video...I made a premature judgement on the vanquish but I honestly like what im seeing in these videos.I’d buy one if they were plentiful.I think it’s pretty cool and the foldability is just like a deus..

Yeah, it looks like a good machine. It appears to perform well, has good depth and decent build quality from what little I've seen of it.

A competent multi freq machine for under $400 - why not......

I ended up purchasing the 340 the other day. 188.00 out the door with their military discount. It was an impulse buy, but I really wanted a multi frequency machine. This was the cheapest way, and within my budget for now. I really like it so far.

Dig-on, I did the same as you since I had a gift card for Dick's and I couldn't think of anything better to use it on. I got the Vanquish 340 since I didn't need the 440 or 540, (I have a Nox 600 and 800 already).

I am extremely impressed with the 340. It will make an excellent grab and go, travel and beach detector for shallow to 8" turf hunting and beach hunting. It will go much deeper but with less accurate target ID. It feels light weight and well balanced on the arm, is very adjustable for big and small people, has enough features to easily identify ferrous from non-ferrous and has the ability to completely ignore some iron and very low number aluminum trash targets while allowing good coin and jewelry targets to audibly stand out well. It does not have quite as good target separation and recovery speed as the Equinox (or the features of course) but it gets the job done for obvious good targets in the surface to 8" range with solid tones and solid numerical target IDs thanks to its Equinox-like Multi IQ system. And, it is a lot of fun to use!!!!

Jeff

I traded for the Vanquish 540. Been out with it once and so for so good.My main interest was the 8" coil. I wish Minelab would listen to their customers and make more size coils for the Equinox. I guess they want to sale more Vanquish if you want to try the 8" coil.

I traded for the Vanquish 540. Been out with it once and so for so good.My main interest was the 8" coil. I wish Minelab would listen to their customers and make more size coils for the Equinox. I guess they want to sale more Vanquish if you want to try the 8" coil.

I think it is a language problem. They don't understand American English and we don't understand the language from any of the other English speaking countries.

Back
Top Bottom