New in Montana

sagemt

Hi everyone. I am not only new here but I just bought my first metal detector last fall. I have not been out with it other then messing around in the yard. Plan on upgrading this year but not sure of what brand to go with. I was hoping that I could learn a few things about brands, makes and models in here. I live in central Montana and am looking forward to getting out this spring after everything thaws.

Welcome to the forum! Let us know how much you want to spend and what you will be searching for

Welcome to the forum , glad you joined us here . Lots of good people with good info to help you along . Hope you can post some of your finds once you get started good next spring . Happy Hunting Harold

Woo hoo

More Montana people!!
You must not live near me if you can detect in your yard...:lol:
This is a great forum and the people are wonderful and the wealth of knowledge is amazing.
You are in the right place to learn.
Welcome sagemt.

Welcome from Texas. Great to have you here. Lots of great info to be found. There are answers for just about any question. I am fond of the Tesoros myself. Great depht and sensitivity.

Whatever you do, DO NOT put it in the closet. Many detectors get lost in a closet and are not seen for years!

Hay Sagemt,

What kind of machine ya got?

If it's a fair machine, you can learn a lot from
it, and be better prepared to know what kind
of machine ya need.

If ya jump too quick, ya may get discouraged
and end up with another closet hugger.

Just because a machine is good doesn't mean
it will meet your needs.

One mistake people make is equating cost with
what they need.

That's right, one of my very favorite machines
is my $70 Compadre.

On the other hand, if ya got money ta burn,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,never mind,,,,,,,,,
suprisedog.jpg

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog

Thanks for the welcome. I just bought a Bounty Hunter IV last year. I have not had a lot of time to get it out yet. I have taken it around the yard and also up to the mountains a few times. My brother-in-law found a penny in my yard. Nothing old but at least it wasn't a nail or screw. We have a dirt driveway and I found a few nails and screws out there. The way that I look at it is that saved me about 50.00 in flats. I was surprised up in the mountains of the nails, and junk that I found in places that you would think there wouldn't be anything. I am sure that this summer I will have a bunch of ?. I am looking at upgrading and I would like to get a Whites. I will have to find somethings to justify it to the other half. Any suggestions of a good middle of the road detector would be great.

Thanks again for the welcome

Back
Top Bottom