Back out finally

The Valley

"In Memory Of"
After a rainy day Wednesday where I took a day off, I "thought" I was good to go Thursday until the better half informed me that she took Thursday off so we could go to the Bloomsburg Fair...:( That took up a whole day, and about all I saw while it was light out was "potential" spots to detect.
After finishing up things that HAD to be done this morning and afternoon, I was going by an old church in another town and saw a guy mowing the grass and instinctively pulled into the parking lot. At first he looked annoyed but when I told him I was trying to seek permission to metal detect the property (it is a sister church to mine) he quickly said go wherever you want, I don't care if you hit the cemetary as long as you aren't digging too deep:laughing: After a few questions I found out that the building was erected in 1860, there is a sizable amount of grounds to hunt, I was psyched!
So on the way back to the house I decided I just had to swing a few lines at the same ballfield I have been working. I wasn't even being too strict about my gridding and got a signal in an area I had already thought was finished. 82 at inches deep on the XLT and out popped a 1940 Merc, streak keeps going to 17! I also found 6 wheats and .99 in clad while I was there. Only about an hour and the black flies were chewing me up. As soon as I filled the hole from the Merc I was out of there. I think I can carve out a few hours tomorrow to start hitting that church.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN1460.jpg
    DSCN1460.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 349
1860 church just reaks of potential. No way you get skunked. Good luck!

I hope your right, but I am ok with the streak getting ended, this is so much more than I ever imagined I could do, I am just having a blast, and even after 11 months at it, I STILL get that thrill when I find silver in the hole.

Way to score on the silver! Good luck at the church tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing of your adventure. Sounds like a fantastic site.

I hope your right, but I am ok with the streak getting ended, this is so much more than I ever imagined I could do, I am just having a blast, and even after 11 months at it, I STILL get that thrill when I find silver in the hole.

I agree. Can't get used to seeing the silver. Each time it is like Christmas!

Well, it is 3:30 and I am still doing layout on the paper and any chance of getting to that church today are slowly slipping away. Tomorrow morning won't work either, so at this point, I am thinking I maybe can go tomorrow afternoon. Part of what sucks about being self employed I guess. Oh well, those grounds have laid untouched for 152 years, another day won't hurt......anything but ME!! Arrrghhh.:mad: I hate when work interferes with detecting.:(

Don't ya........

Just Love a Mercury in the dirt??? Yes, nice find. I got a couple too. Yesterday and today. :yes::yes::yes: Regards> Mykie

Back
Top Bottom