Can Anyone Tell Me What This Is?

srichardson

I found this yesterday evening.. Hoping someone can tell me what it is
20180423_215326.jpg

Looks like a clad dime. Probably 2012 or so?

Sorry. had to....;)

Looks like stamped lacing of some sort between the parallel lines? Is it lead? Pewter? Anything on the other 3 sides? It strikes me as a toy, or piece of one.

LOL.. Oldsjunkie.. I knew someone was going to do that... Yes it has a pattern between the lines on one side but not the other.. I know it's not lead, its really hard and non metallic. I have a had time even scratching it. It was around 4" deep, and was retrieved from a site where some civil war relics have been found.. It's still a mystery to me..

We use something similar to tighten up rear peep sights. Called a gibb. Nothing but a wedge to force the sight base tight to the rifle base. But ours are only 1/2 inch long.

It actually looks like the knife from the board game Clue. You know Ms. Scarlet, in the Library, with the knife. Just a guess I suppose!

Rustyk1, it sure dose look like part of the knife. I've looked at pictures of the knife from clue, and can't find any with the design it has in the middle. But it's the closest looking thing to what I have so far. Thanks for your input.

Does anyone know what year that this sword was used in the game.

Edit: I can find similar pieces as early as 1972 and as new as 2002. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Clue-by-Par...279821?hash=item285685798d:g:DyQAAOSwopRYaH9e

1960s versions seem to have used cards, and I am sure there are newer remakes of the game that still use that same knife/sword. The sword appears to be used in versions of Clue made by the Parker Brothers. Waddington's Cluedo uses a different looking sword. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've never actually played the game :lol: interesting find though

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom