My new crossbow - love it!!!

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter

Attachments

• 5DBD5708-2F72-4E4B-9846-01678654766E.jpg
    5DBD5708-2F72-4E4B-9846-01678654766E.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 227
That's a nice looking crossbow, it's sure advanced compared to the one I had..Have you tried to shoot a apple off the top of the equinox control box? Lol..Just messing with ya TN, congrats on the new bow.

Blows

my 10 point away , mine is over 10 years old , it's amazing the FPS delivered went up over 100 points , technology on cross bows are like detector's , doesn't take long to have out dated equipment , Dave is it quit or loud :?: Nice Crossbow.

my 10 point away , mine is over 10 years old , it's amazing the FPS delivered went up over 100 points , technology on cross bows are like detector's , doesn't take long to have out dated equipment , Dave is it quit or loud :?: Nice Crossbow.

Not real quiet. But she shoots well and fast..
Narrow too even uncocked.

Earl, in case you don’t Know. Ravin is new company around 3 years old. They discovered a new way to make bow faster without having an overly long power stroke and wider limb setup.
Helicoil where cables can wrap and turn cam farther degrees wise. And no track for bolt to have to launch from. This too adds a little additional speed.

Quite ingenious actually.
Ravin has put a hurting on the rest of the industry big time.
They so far have made a total of 6 bows.
R9, R15, R10, R20, R26 and R29.
The R26 and R 29 latest releases.
I have R9, R20 a d R 29.

mmmmmm

Over 400 fps the deer will drop , before the sound spook's it , mines more like 15-20 years old , fusion, i think its like 305 fps, my 4 wheeler brute force 750 camo only has 75 miles on it , need's a new battery , it's a 2005 , i did the 1st oil change lol , going to get it running by fall , cousin owns 300 acres in Summerset co . Md

Over 400 fps the deer will drop , before the sound spook's it , mines more like 15-20 years old , fusion, i think its like 305 fps, my 4 wheeler brute force 750 camo only has 75 miles on it , need's a new battery , it's a 2005 , i did the 1st oil change lol , going to get it running by fall , cousin owns 300 acres in Summerset co . Md

Earl,
Get your stuff fixed and get out and enjoy the outdoors.

Lot of crossbows feels like one is packing a 3 foot long 2x4 sideways in the woods. Not this Ravin. I can hold and shoot one handed. And hold pretty steady too.

Very nice. I have an older model, and Illinois just started letting us hunt with them. I have nerve problems in my neck, and sometimes a compound bow is out of the question. A friend of mine bought a Ravin, and he is very happy with it.

Tenn, is the R-29 better than the R9?? That titan M1 looks cool also.

Yes.
R29 and R20 have same speed. Rated at 430 FPS with 400 grains of weight.
Most do a little more like 432-435 FPS.

R29 is 5” shorter than R20.
R9 rated at 390 FPS with 400 grains of weight. Most do around 393-394 ish.
R9 size wise like R20.

R29 has a slightly longer power stroke than R20.
R29 more ergonomic than R9, R10, R15, R20. Much easier to hold up for longer periods say on game.

Scope rail secured on both ends with R29 and the new released R26.

R26 is even shorter than R29, but 20” bolt with head will protrude past limb tips unlike all the other Ravin models. There are aftermarket 18” bolts available to solve this issue though.

R26 even lighter than R29.
R26 takes its own string and cables.
All other Ravins built to date take the same cable and string.

All Ravin bows can be pressed only with Ravin press. Not a regular bow press like some other crossbows are pressed with along with vertical bows.

The thing about all Ravin bows.
Shooter will get more opportunities to bag game. Due to limb setup for width. You try to take some of these same shots with Excalibur recurve bows you won’t be able to get shot off. Same goes with reverse limb compound bows like the new tenpoint nitro xrt.

Shooter has a limb tip to watch on all those when shooting around trees, etc.
Ravin bow lets out more in the rear limb wise. So as you progress up limb toward the ends not as much movement of limb upon discharging bow.
Deer are very unpredictable. I have hit limb of Excalibur in tree before turning around in tree stand and shooting at deer. I missed too. Year later has the almost exact same shot using Ravin R9. Except this time bingo!!

I have done a few videos with R29 and even some video talking about Ravin bolts in general.

Posted on my Channel. My channel is not for dough or to endorse any product officially. Just my own opinion.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCnv03UJI2_meBXq3ZshE8bw/videos

Here are some additional links here where I speak of Ravin crossbows.
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=263117
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=266582
https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=266640

Last edited:
which one were you hunting with last year? I don't recall at the moment

That is one serious weapon, that ought to just smack anything that has the misfortune of walking out in front of you on opening day!

That is one serious weapon, that ought to just smack anything that has the misfortune of walking out in front of you on opening day!

Yeah, but still got to get big daddy in range. Saw a good one this morning. Trying to figure good angle of attack. Real smart buck and wide too.

Back
Top Bottom