When your town decides it needs more sand.

Kapi

Forum Supporter
That's a lot of sand! Came across this photo and thought I'd share it. This is what they did to our beach in Sept. 2011. 11 of the pier legs (half the pier) are now back in water.

The big black line across the beach is the dredge pipe, they built little sand hills over it so people could get across it. They removed it when the project was done.

St. Augustine Florida... everything is now buried! :(

Attachments

• Beach-before-and-after.jpg
    Beach-before-and-after.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 286
Wow, I am just so extremely jealous that you live in St Augustine :( Took my wife and Son there last summer all the way from California, went to the gator farm and to the Castillo de san Marcos.. Ate at a place called hurricane patty's and they had the best blackened gator tail. :P The beach off of 1a1 was gorgeous.. Honest to god, I would give my swinging arm to live in St Augustine..

You must have just moved there. That is old news. It used to be rocks there and the city stopped people from using that section of beach for some time. After pumping 20 feet of sand on the beach and ruining the pier they are now allowing people to use the beach. This summer you might get a fresh drop but you won't get old gold. St. Augustine has ruined another good beach for detecting and for fishing too.

I've been here since 1985. I was bored and looking through old photos :) Like my post says 1/2 of the pier is now back in water. And yeah all the old gold is buried deep deep deep :(

Replenishment..... Not so good even after it starts to erode IV not had ant luck in St Augustine... Jax.... Soso..... Did find Vero ok though.

Sometimes counties/states have a stockpile of money they have to spend on projects. Trying to avoid politics:lol: Here they have to spend a bunch on trees and don't have enough for potholes. So we have hookers leaning on palmtrees in the rough section of town looking for potential customers who have to slow down so they don't knock their steering out of alignment. Old joke was" You can tell its a hooker if they have palm tree splinters in their hands":lol:

We got a double dose of sand when they pumped sand in with shells in it. Then they decided turtles couldn't nest in the shells and pumped in more sand.

Did that here too. The small Village of Surfside, Tx. I detected the entire beach over several days, one end to the other. Went back the next day to find new, pink, sand. Elvis, the Code Enforcement Officer told me they brought it in from Colorado. I started all over again. Found some clad and a few things like a PGA pin.

Back
Top Bottom