A couple of finds that I am unsure about.

gazar

Any ideas on what this is and how old it is?
IMG-2457s.jpg

IMG-2453s.jpg

Also this. I cleaned up this one but not sure what it is.
IMG-2455s.jpg

the round thing is a reins guide. They were used on horse and mule tack and I guess they still are. Just a guess I have found them at old home sites that date from late 1800's and early 1900's.

That thing on the left usually has a date on the other side.

Nice work!

I first thought oarlock but they have to rotate freely so the threads rule that out.

That thing on the left usually has a date on the other side.

Nice work!

I first thought oarlock but they have to rotate freely so the threads rule that out.

I think Realfoot Relics nailed it with the "reins guide" ID. This was dug at what was at one time, a horse farm.

The Handle is from a Model T Ford Sediment Bulb. It's actually called the shut off handle. Model Ts were gravity fed and this shut off the fuel to the carburetor each night. I suspect the end is broken off as was common over time.

This design was used from 1912-1927

There were no filters in the Model T, idea was heavier dirt and partials would sink to bottom of the bulb.

873607.jpg

Model T Ford Sediment Bulb.jpg

The Handle is from a Model T Ford Sediment Bulb. It's actually called the shut off handle. Model Ts were gravity fed and this shut off the fuel to the carburetor each night. I suspect the end is broken off as was common over time.

There were no filters in the Model T, idea was heavier dirt and partials would sink to bottom of the bulb.

View attachment 508759

View attachment 508760
So I was right, it's a gas valve. LoL. Just not the kind I was thinking. That's a good ID I would have never thought that.

Cliff

View attachment 508759

View attachment 508760

That makes perfect sense. I found a Model T distributor cap at the same site about 6 weeks ago. Thanks for the ID

Back
Top Bottom