Another token from Token Town

TundraPlugger

Elite Member
Today is kind of my day off but I'm going to work anyway so I figured I'd see if I can get anything else out of the old park in Plaza, ND.

I figured I'd dig the suspicious targets that were a little more high toned...that was going to be about the only way I was going to get anything I figured.

I piddled around for about an hour finding only a clad dime and a junk ring as well as a few ghost signals.

On my way back to my truck I hit a good 9-44 signal with my Etrac..... I thought how did I miss that! It's showing 5-6 inches down.

I dig my plug and nothing. I dig deeper, still nothing.
I go back over the hole and it's still there but I've already dug 12" down.
I start checking out the walls of the hole to see if my pinpointing was off, indeed that was the case.

I popped a chunk out of the side wall and there it is! My 4th token out of that little park and my 8th from that little town!

Of course being off a bit I nicked it a touch but not bad.

The counterstamp is covering the name Erickson.
I dug one just like it last year in the park that was previously unlisted but it wasn't counterstamped.
c74698a636dd5f102464cd4f5fa4c286.jpg
58153c9aaa869a41d1f91cf87f9f8a83.jpg
bc8854e736768e447ddc83d7b27c6c12.jpg
e7578b517ecb880e9db700d2f0dd0c80.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nice token, I can’t make out the counter stamp, can you?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

That doesnt look like a counterstamp, it looks like someone trying to obliterate part of the name. Maybe a falling out of business partners?

Cool tokens regardless.

Thanks man! It is LEE with a vertical X and a horizontal X
Nice token, I can’t make out the counter stamp, can you?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring

That doesnt look like a counterstamp, it looks like someone trying to obliterate part of the name. Maybe a falling out of business partners?

Cool tokens regardless.
Thanks Jason! I'm pretty sure you're right. It must have went from someone named Erickson to someone named Lee and the two X's are there because Lee wouldn't take out the whole name. Good call..... I didn't even look at it that way.

Another very nice find Tundra. Possible a change in the partnership the reason for the counter stamp. Digging history with those types of finds. Congrats! Trapper

Another very nice find Tundra. Possible a change in the partnership the reason for the counter stamp. Digging history with those types of finds. Congrats! Trapper
Thanks Trapper! Definitely some history on it.... probably the neatest token I've dug.

Back
Top Bottom