New here in Winter Haven FL.

Yes, the first Publix building is still in use downtown. No longer a Publix of course. Winter Haven has done a right fair job of paving every square inch they could. Not much going on in that area but parking these days...lol

winter haven still has a lot of good sites

winter haven still has a lot of good sites that i search and i find a lot of clad near the schools and parks and have had some luck in bartow and its a old town to but not as old as fort meade out side of bartow dates back to the 1800s

i want to spend alot of time on the treasure coast.hurricane season is here and i hear the hunting is good.

Winter Haven Newbie

Badpenny, just got my first detector this Christmas. I live in Winter Haven if you are still looking for someone, and don't mind someone who knows nothing then maybe we could meet

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm in Winter Haven, too! I'm new to MDing, and a very willing learner. If anyone from WH is still around and still looking for company, please respond. Thanks.

and just wondering if any one is here near me to chat or just get a club going. Ive heard theres one in Auburndale near me. Just leave some clue if Im in the middle of nowhere again and consigned to my back yard again.

BP

Badpenny, are you still in winter haven and detecting?

Yup the original Publix is in Winter Haven and is now a thrift store and you can see the word Publix tiled into the floor. I used to live in Alturas/Bartow and I never saw anyone with a metal detector in Polk county. I bet there is stuff to find where you see those huge 150 year old live oaks.

Back
Top Bottom