• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1st Half of August

holey smoke

Thank you for viewing another semi-monthly finds installment! Finds were in water and dry sand at fresh water beaches. Used either a White's Surf PI or a DetectorPro Headhunter pulse, depending on my mood.

It has NOT been a great summer. Last year I spent Jan-Jul sight hunting and had already scored six or seven golds by this time. Granted, they were all light pieces, earrings and such, but it adds up. Since I started using machines, my gold count has gone down (I used to cover ten times as much ground by sight, easy- detecting is slow work), but the weight and quality of the pieces has gone up, not surprisingly. I will stick with the machines.

Anyway, I started out on Aug 1 with a working iPhone and a silver ring- a good start and here's what we ended up with:

All of it:

055.jpg

The GOOD:

$10.48 in clad and bills, two working cells (iPhone not pictured since it is off getting wiped for resale- come to Papa, Stealth 720), four salvageable pocket knives including a nice Kershaw found in dry sand, three rings (one junker and 2 .925).

056.jpg

057.jpg

The BAD AND UGLY:

Two, count 'em, TWO hair picks. And who can guess first what that is in the middle?

059.jpg

And a first for me. Those with sharp eyes may have thought "Is that a walking liberty in there?" Kind of...

058.jpg

Ear gauge... I got 3 the other day and my daughter told me what they were. Nice..... half way there. People must like their knives there at the beach..... you live in Jersey?

Dew

Ear gauge... I got 3 the other day and my daughter told me what they were. Nice..... half way there. People must like their knives there at the beach..... you live in Jersey?

Dew

You got it! Also called "Flesh tunnels" as if they aren't creepy enough. It took me a bit of thinking to figure out what it was.

The beach I hunt daily is pretty rough at night. The cops wander through and it wouldn't surprise me if some of the knives were dumped when they do.

I've probably pulled up 20 or so in the past year, not including box cutters and razor blades. No guns yet.

Back
Top Bottom