Newbie's First Wheatie

Congrats on your first Wheatie! I still remember finding my first one while detecting - I had been detecting for almost 2 months before I found one, so you’re doing just fine! It won’t be long before more good finds start rolling in - remember, it’s mainly about getting into the right locations.

Like others have mentioned, I still get excited finding Wheat cents - not only are they a sign that you might be in an area that might yield silver and other older goodies, but I also just kind of like the design on the reverse. Maybe part of it is nostalgia, too. I’m old enough that it was still somewhat common to find Wheaties in your change once in awhile while I was growing up in the late 70s/early 80s. I guess Wheats weren’t really that old back then, but a coin from the 50s or earlier sure seemed old to me at the time, so there was always a little thrill to find one in my change (or searching through my Dad’s change pile) :grin: Plus, their distinctive back made them stand out from the other pennies, adding to the allure. Anyway, that’s probably why I still like finding them so much - digging one out of the ground sort of mimics that same nostalgic thrill from when I was a kid :grin:

Back
Top Bottom