Springs Been GOOD ! (pic heavy )

SteveW-MT

Been awhile since I've posted . Once the snow came off & the ground thawed I've been hitting my property & the woods again . After 5 months of nothing but parks this has been great . I bought a new Tesoro Outlaw at the end of summer & initially did not like the 9x12 Widescan coil . But I started using it this Spring & that thing is awesome once you learn it . :shock: :yes:
So here's some finds from my property that I missed last year ! :lol: March & April finds .
picture_119.jpg

Tiny little cast .44 Magnum
picture_120.jpg

This nickel has easily been in the ground 100+ years . The detail is amazing . Don't know how many times I swung over it last year & missed it ! :no:
picture_121.jpg

The Caddy emblem is maybe 2" around . Any idea what year the Chevy emblem is from ?
picture_127.jpg

picture_135.jpg

Again I just found the Tootsietoy & 1941S wheat where I've detected at least a 1/2 dozen times . That Widescan sucked them right out ! ;) The car was a good 6+" down .
picture_133.jpg

I found the watch back & trims plus what I think is a suspender clip at my neighbors . The watch appears to be stainless , says "Ladonne" inside .
picture_131a.jpg

picture_124a.jpg

Now the GOOD stuff ! ;) :yes:
Today my wife & I hit a USFS campground WAY back in the mountains . The first 2 or so hours were pretty poor ... .32 in clad & lots of trash . Stopped for lunch , moved down the road a bit to some more camp sites , these were more for tent camping .. oh yes ! Right off a few cents then nailed this baby :
picture_130.jpg

Says " SS925 " & in a square : JJJ . Weighs 2.0 grams .
Hit some more clad ... BIG area ... moved across a meadow randomly swinging & hit this :
picture_138.jpg

picture_129.jpg

It was down in the weeds a few inches & I found the belt loop about 10 ft. away . I was jumpin' ! :grin: Both pieces weigh 26.2 grams .
Got real serious swinging that area & again about 10 or so feet away I found this pretty much on the surface . Still like new .
picture_137a.jpg

So what a day ! Also found $1.00 ( 17 coins ) in clad .

" I believe the emblem is a mid 1950's Ford Crown Victoria, instead of a Caddy. It might be from the center of the horn " ring." "

I believe you're right ! Being a Ford guy I'd never noticed that ... oops ! :wow:
I changed your search to "vintage Ford Emblem " & there it was ... THANKS !

On the knife , it's whats called a lock back , I think .. not a switch blade ... bummer ! ;)

Absolutely great bunch of finds with some good historical value.
IMO if a Caddy emblem was "Cool", the Ford emblem is "Chilling"!
Congratulations on a sensational day.

AT Pro/GPP/Fiskars Diggers/BH Outback/CT Hand held

Back
Top Bottom