help me! V3I or E-trac

Newby

which one should I buy? I've heard good things about both,I've read up on both, each has features that I like, but I would like to here from people who use them!
Thanks, Dan

That depends on many things. Have you ever detected? Have you ever used either brand? Do you like learning detectors with pretty steep learning curves? The list goes on and on. If you are just starting out it will be a challenge at the least with either of these. I'm not saying it can't be done but it will be a challenge. It really depends on many things.

And yes they are both great machines but any detector is only as good as the operator so just keep that in mind. If you make it through the learning curve i think you'd be happy with either.

That depends on many things. Have you ever detected? Have you ever used either brand? Do you like learning detectors with pretty steep learning curves? The list goes on and on. If you are just starting out it will be a challenge at the least with either of these. I'm not saying it can't be done but it will be a challenge. It really depends on many things.

And yes they are both great machines but any detector is only as good as the operator so just keep that in mind. If you make it through the learning curve i think you'd be happy with either.

I've been detecting for a couple yrs now, I have 2 whites Eagle Spectrums and an Ace 150, I;ve never used a Minelab, but heard great things about them!

Both great machine but you will need to try them both out and decide what's right for you mainly because they are so different and each have their fan's on here. :yes: They will both find the same stuff when it comes down to it so you need to decide which you think would be more fun and fit your hunting style. If I had to choice I would go V3i mainly because im curious to try it and already have an Explorer. Or just get a F75 LTD. :D

Both great machine but you will need to try them both out and decide what's right for you mainly because they are so different and each have their fan's on here. :yes: They will both find the same stuff when it comes down to it so you need to decide which you think would be more fun and fit your hunting style. If I had to choice I would go V3i mainly because im curious to try it and already have an Explorer.

Only Whites, I have 2 Eagle Spectrums and an Ace 150!

I have already made my decision on my next upgrade.
V3i.

I will be relocating eventually so an all around unit is what I am aiming for.

I know the Minelab is great with deep silver and has all kinds of whistles and bells, but I would prefer to spend my money on American companies, when possible, the White's seems to offer even more ability to control all the functions, I am sure this unit can find almost anything I would care to hunt with it's choice of multiple frequencies, and I love high tech and steep learning curves.
Both great, but I see a V3i in my future.

I though I had made up my mind on the E-trac, but from, what I'm reading what I would gain on deep silver I would lose on smaller gold. I not sure I'm willing to make that compromise!

I think the Etrac would be easier to detect at the beach but the V3i will do just as well if set up correctly, which really isn't too hard, just not super simple like Etrac is. I think in older parts of the country where old silver is to be found the Etrac is the clear winner. The V3i is close there, but has the potential to out perform in every other situation. The FE readings of the Etrac are invaluable when trying to ID junk in the field but... the Polar Plot of the V3i looks to be even more accurate from the videos that I have seen. ID'ing trash is my main goal. If it's not trash I am digging. Once you learn to distinguish a can with any detector, finding silver is just a matter of getting your coil in range. Gold is a whole nother animal, and what the V3i has to offer has me seriously considering swapping out my Etrac. There are less silver coins to detect every day but gold is always replenishing and often overlooked (discriminated out) by most detectorists.

Thanks for all the info! You guys are great! I think I've made up my mind, after your info and the video's I've watched it looks like the V3I is the one for me! Thanks again!

Thanks for all the info! You guys are great! I think I've made up my mind, after your info and the video's I've watched it looks like the V3I is the one for me! Thanks again!

If you do go with it be sure to join the group here on the forum we would like to have more members

As a owner of the V3, TDI, MXT, and DFX I'd say if you are set on either a V3 or a E-Trac you should 110% buy the E-Trac...no joke.

I'll have an E-Trac before summers end.

Get a MXT for relics and a E-Trac for coins.

As a owner of the V3, TDI, MXT, and DFX I'd say if you are set on either a V3 or a E-Trac you should 110% buy the E-Trac...no joke.

I'll have an E-Trac before summers end.

Get a MXT for relics and a E-Trac for coins.

Did you get the upgrade for the V3? to the V3i and if so did you notice a big difference?

No, I haven't upgraded my machine. My partner got his upgraded and couldn't tell a difference. I still find more than he does with my MXT. I will however upgrade it before I sell it. I'll be lucky if I can get a 1/3 of the money back that I have in it. I was told by White's my upgrade would be free. Wouldn't be the first time they have told me a story though.

There is a reason that V3/V3i's sell for 700-800 used (more than 50% off retail) and E-Trac's sell for $900-1000 retaining more than 65% of it's retail value.

Think about it.

The E-Trac is $200 less new and resells for $200 more than the V3/V3i.

You will not only find more with the E-Trac you will retain more of your hard earned money with the Minelab E-Trac.

I think it is all about where you hunt, if you and I were to compare finds we would have finds from completely different ends of the spectrum. A detector can't find whats not there. I know that the E-Trac is an awesome machine but the V3i is great as well. The V3i is amazing all around while the Etrac shines in the coin area. I hunt coins and relics so I bought the V3i and I love it. I just read that the upgrade was to do away with the bluetooth option to trade programs. They boosted the RX gain which gives a lot more depth, they adjusted the salt frequency and it is a lot more stable while running a higher gain. Also they added Polar Plot it is amazing for finding coins. And with the V3i you can use any size Whites coil you want.

I would also say the V3i has the slight edge when it comes to depth and swing speed because of its ability to run 3 frequencies at once while the E-Trac can only do one..:grin:

Back
Top Bottom