Oakleys and gold!

clearwatermike

Elite Member
Just gridded the wet sand today, and was very pleased to find this 7g band...it's marked TNJC 14k, and I thought great, probably stands for Tungsten Just 'Cause! Looks like it actually stands for Team National Jewelry Company, and it's a clean 14k on the stone. Also found a pair of Oakleys that were in pretty good shape for having been run over by the disc already! Lots of foil, a fair amount of change, and a couple of pretty doo-dads for the girls rounded out the morning. I was a nightcrawler last year, but it's actually kind of fun interacting with the vacationers (might be singing a different tune come Spring Break)! HH!
Mike

Attachments

• DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 611
  • DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 584
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 596
  • DSC_0024.jpg
    DSC_0024.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 587
Ring looks brand new. Might not have worked out and got tossed:D Well done! All I can find is silver:roll:

Way to go Mike! The ring looks like Tungsten with the comfort fit. Glad you got some real nice gold. It is always so sweet to see in the scoop. Makes the whole day better. :D

Way to go Mike! The ring looks like Tungsten with the comfort fit. Glad you got some real nice gold. It is always so sweet to see in the scoop. Makes the whole day better. :D

I was sure it was tungsten when I picked it up because of that shape, Greg! Then it saw the engraved hallmark, but I still tested it on the stone when I got home just to be sure!

that's great Mike, I am happy for you,,,that thing looks like brand new out of the box shinny,,,,you just never know about wet sand hunting,,,,the giant silver ring I had last week was in the wet sand,,,,it is there,,,,it is just a matter if it is in range,,,,Once you start seeing all the scenery on the beach during the day time and get used to the questions people ask, you will wonder why you spent those nights under a moon for light to hunt and not see one bikini, ziltch,,,,,nadda,,,,:laughing: BUT, it is serene to be out there at night with not a soul around,,,,GL HH

I was sure it was tungsten when I picked it up because of that shape, Greg! Then it saw the engraved hallmark, but I still tested it on the stone when I got home just to be sure!

Man that is nice when you find gold. I remember a ring last summer I found. I saw Larry in his truck and showed it to him. I told him I though it was silver and he pulled out the lope. He said 14k. :laughing: It was 14K. He then jumped out of his truck to the spot I dug and gridded for a while. He came back and said dang man, you don't leave much behind. :lol: Great memory. I know you will remember that ring for a while too. This is a great hobby.

Funny how fast your post got to page 2. Dang, lots of thing being found. I am on the wrong beach. :p

Back
Top Bottom