America's Dirtiest Beaches!

No shock at the CT beaches mentioned... PI JOE was in charge of keeping this one clean... guess he is slacking :laughing:

All of the CT sewage treatment plants are close to our beaches... makes great sense huh? :roll:

• Seaside Park Beach (Southernmost), Fairfield (5, 14)

• Seaside Park Beach (South), Fairfield (4, 13)

• Seaside Park Beach (Mid), Fairfield (4, 14)

Any NY beach is dirty. People here come to the states and act like they are back home and just dump their garbage directly on the beach and get up and leave like they think it's someone's else's job to clean up after themselves because they are so special.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back in the late 80s & early 90s , Cabrillo Beach in LA was one of my spots to hunt. Pulled a few "Rapper Ropes" out of that cesspool. All over 100 grams and one I remember weighing 320 grams. It was polluted then as now. You could on occasion see some "floaties". Just mega trash. I went about 4 yrs ago and got some coins , bottlecaps , tabs , trash. Not worth it. I'm worried about flesh eating bacteria now. Haven't been since. But back in the day...

I just started freshwater hunting this year in NW Ohio. I have made it out to the beach about four times. They posted no swimming allowed on those beaches the other day. The beach I hunt was mentioned in the article as one of the dirtiest beaches.

I wanted to see if Bostons Revere beach was listed. That place was always a !!!! hole. Literally.

"Editor's note: Environment America, which produced the study noted in this story, said Thursday it is investigating questions about the accuracy of its data. Until the group releases any revisions, we have deleted a chart listing dirty beaches by state that accompanied this story. USA TODAY also is conducting its own review. We will update our reporting once the reviews are complete."

I always cringe when I see swimmers and surfers out in the water after a rain storm around here, nasty stuff in them waters...🤢

I stopped detecting the water and sand on the beaches a long time ago and for the last 15 years or so I don't even go to the beach anymore.

I wish every beachhunter would think the same way.....

Try going to Bali from December to March. Every morning the full beach is full or rubbish. Was thinking of taking my Equinox this coming trip. You can feel heaps of plastic hitting your legs in low water, even dead snakes on the beach. Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Canggu.
2dd2e9161dd277059cce60c79ff59e51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Try going to Bali from December to March. Every morning the full beach is full or rubbish. Was thinking of taking my Equinox this coming trip. You can feel heaps of plastic hitting your legs in low water, even dead snakes on the beach. Kuta, Legian, Seminyak and Canggu.
2dd2e9161dd277059cce60c79ff59e51.jpg
What a cesspool! I don't understand how people treat the environment like that or how governments don't try to have cleanup and conservation efforts.

I suggest that we can place the blame on trash hauling companies that dump our refuse into the oceans, off shore of their respective countries. One could also point the finger at governments that allow such behavior. If we could relax clean air standards a bit, I suspect we could utilize a lot of the trash as fuel for electric generation.

In the end, it's all in the interest of a greater profit margin.

Roger

Up here on the Great Lakes...Tourist season, one particular beach has massive Political pull to quash any biological or scientific bacteriological reports.. this week there will be over 350k people descending to spend their money to swim in a terlet, and the whole towns finances depends on it..yet it is an open sewer, not only from the WW treatment plant overflow spillage, but also from agrarian manure holding ponds...

I hunt it barefoot, nearly every morning, as I did today.....good thing I smoke, I stick two cigarettes into my nostrils, light them both up, and give 'er hell...towel line turd burglar style...I get back to my car and spray my legs and feet with Scrubbing Bubbles or Windex....No problems...

Back
Top Bottom