Y'all told me so

Odds are you will break the fiberglass handle too, it will just take a little longer. I got two months out of my fiberglass handle with my Stavr M-9....good news is the shorter the handle gets, the less leverage I have so the chances of it surviving longer increases.

Interesting thing is, with the same length handle on the T-Rex, I ended up having to have the T-Rex welded twice to repair it, the handle worked better than the T-Rex.... however, the same length handle in the Stavr broke....the Stavr is just fine.

In defense of the T-Rex (which I still have and love) is I was using the Dry Sand T-Rex to do some real heavy excavating in thick shell and heavy sand bottom....it was not intended for that purpose....but it was so light, I just had to test its limits....and I found them.

Cliff

Cliff, the trick is to glue a FULL length 1" dowel rod inside the fiberglass handle, it gives it strength and I am one of those, "6 day a week gorillas" that breaks everything I get my hands on,,,,I have been using the same one for months on end with no prob

I did a little more looking at it and the wood is just drying out. I'll try to do a little better job of sealing it this time.

sealing it will not work,,,,I tried that too,,,I even took a heat torch and melted paraffin wax over the wood,,,,no go, no go,,,fiberglass works,,,GL HH

Cliff, the trick is to glue a FULL length 1" dowel rod inside the fiberglass handle, it gives it strength and I am one of those, "6 day a week gorillas" that breaks everything I get my hands on,,,,I have been using the same one for months on end with no prob

Tim.....it did have a full length dowel installed, maybe I'm just a bigger gorilla!
Cliff

wood handles just don't last,,,,,,25 bucks and you can have as good of a handle as you can,,,,,,,tractor supply has a hoe for 15 bucks,,,,handle is fiberglass,,,cut the bottom off and glue a 1" dowel rod full length inside,,,,then get a 1 1/2" pvc a foot long and glue it over the bottom with construction adhesive,,,,,I broke two wood handles in the amount of time I am still using the fiberglass handle with no problems,,,,GL HH

I saw that hoe tonight:D. Will got get this weekend and keep the wooden in the truck for a backup. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom