• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

been a while...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Sure do miss the Bling, how has everyone been doing? Busy with Christmas I hope :clapping:

I've been focused on my projects, and spending too much time in the basement lately. If I missed any big forum news please link me, new machines, awesome find, somebody went metal detecting in the snow...

imagesCAMOUON2-2.jpg

Product launch for my invention went very well a few weeks ago so they should get serious if they have something on back order in this economy one would think. Hire help, bring in more raw materials, lets go!

2012 should be exciting for the little shade, but I'm not done

maybe I can get me a Tesoro soon :lol:

Well.....pulltabminor and I about froze to death last week on a hunt. Its on U Tube and this site. Very moving. Might want to grab a hankie before viewing....

is that your invention ? and you only get 2 1/2 % . im not knocking it , i would have thought you would get more, i just havent ever dealt with the process, just curious, ive had a few ideas that i never tried to patent , i always heard it was an expensive process,,, good luck

is that your invention ? and you only get 2 1/2 % . im not knocking it , i would have thought you would get more, i just havent ever dealt with the process, just curious, ive had a few ideas that i never tried to patent , i always heard it was an expensive process,,, good luck

Yes, 2.5% is above average expectation for something like this per unit sold, however everything is negotiable. For example they will most likely farm this out in bulk material for fabrication outlets in various locations around the country and my percentage jumps to 15% on that raw material. There are 45,000 retailers and decorators roughly at any given time in the US with the SIC code for this product (blinds,decor,etc) I know this because you can buy mailing lists.

Example; of just 200,000 average size shades sold given the cost of these blinds I would expect to collect 600k. How long it takes them to roll 200,000 units off the line is anyones guess but this goes on for the life of the arrangement whice isn't limited to the 20 year utility patent because every few years I will reset the clock by filing minor changes that have already been planned. It's how companies keep intelectual property going for ever sometimes.

My license leased is also non-exclusive to the maker so if I choose I could approach multiple makers. Once someone is making money off a new product the others get very interested. However I have made my bed with the 800 pound gorilla so it might be wise to let them run for a while without competition as they have contracted to protect my patent with their powerful influence from any and all infringment. 2.5 percent worldwide... more than generous considering my work is done and I didn't even pay for foreign rights, they will.

If your idea is good, and you learn the ropes it is possible to own a patent like this one and never pay more than 110.00 out of pocket... see provisional patent filing process at the USPTO website. I'm not saying I paid only 110.00 but I was a noob and did not know how the game was played, now I see said the blind man...

seven-2.jpg

thats awsome, good luck, i talked to a guy that made automotive tools one time , he said he paid a million bucks a year just to keep his patents, thats way out of my league, im small potatoes

Back
Top Bottom