• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help with an old bottle

Jeepfreak81

Hey all, I'm not much of a bottle Hunter but this one had some foil on the mouth and I picked it up with my metal detector. My wife and I dug it up not knowing it was a bottle at first so lucky it didn't break. I wondered if anyone could help me identify it. My guess is it's between 1920 and 1960 based on location. Also what's good for cleaning the rest of the crud out? Soap and water did all it could.
5ee790ab062349b192bbe9e7bda9abd6.jpg
569d4bc34a1a70b0716b734510fa22de.jpg

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Some kind of medicine bottle (I'd guess mouthwash or similar) made by Pierce Glass Co. various locations Pennsylvania and N.Y. Your bottle looks 20s-30s era to me. As for cleaning, you can use things like dish detergent, or other household cleaners mixed with a little water and a small brush.

For info on the bottle (scroll down to the 2nd "P" listing):
https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-4/

Some kind of medicine bottle (I'd guess mouthwash or similar) made by Pierce Glass Co. various locations Pennsylvania and N.Y. Your bottle looks 20s-30s era to me. As for cleaning, you can use things like dish detergent, or other household cleaners mixed with a little water and a small brush.

For info on the bottle (scroll down to the 2nd "P" listing):
https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-4/
Awesome, thanks. I was having trouble from finding anything online about it.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Well even knowing the maker of the bottle and approximate age I can't seem to locate what this bottle actually was. I guess it'll have to remain a mystery. Still a cool find, especially because I found it with my detector due to the foil on the top.

Back
Top Bottom