• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

gona buy a 3rd detector coinmaster pro or coinmaster

penguineman

Elite Member
I'm looking at buying a 3rd detector for 2 reasons

1. the bounty hunter we have is to heavy or bulky for my daughter to handle good

2. we can get a peewee shaft for the detectors I'm looking at and shorten the shaft length up to make it easier for her to handle.

3. It will also give me the oportunity to have a backup that should be equivelint to mine.

4. we have a local dealer for the Whites detectors

So any how looking at the coinmaster or coinmaster Pro for another detector any thoughts???

I'm more likely leaning towards the pro I'd like the GT but thinking about her and the weight and ability for her to be able to control it easily and not be to confusing to her.

Compadre or F2.

Both lightweight, the Compadre is beep and dig but for kids might be fine.
The F2 has more info on the screen than anything you now own.
Works great...misses nothing.
Most packages come with the sniper coil, several members in my MD club bought this for their grand kids.

I'd say the pro model. Tone I.D. is one of my favorite things for cherry picking. My DFX in beach and jewelry mode i can clean out all the quarters in a park quick. Got a distinct quarter tone. Kids would keep entertained digging quarters. I have over a hundred dollars worth already for the year and i don't make it out much. Take her to a ballpark with a dull screwdriver before the crowds show up and let her go to town on some coins. Just test the ballfields for good areas before you go and make sure you put her in a good target rich area.

Garrett

The Garrett 250 is a really good detector for your daughter. Lots of built in stuff to learn by and it's deep. I used one for a few years and upgraded to a Garrett 1350, which I still use today. Good luck.

If you're looking for a light detector, then it is the Fisher F2 hands down. It feels weightless in your hand compared to every other detector and is a great deal at $200.

I agree with Digger and Hillwood on the F-2. Many for sale used in a great price point.

I would go with the PRO as the Tone ID and Notch discriminator are great
additions and they weigh about the same. Having a dealer close by will help
if any questions come up.

I have a Coinmaster and my 9 y.o. is able to use it with some effort but we don't have the kiddie lower rod.
The only reason to go with the Pro is if another adult will be using it, for a young kid you want to disc out everything under dime. Even with nickels open they will be digging a bunch of junk.

I have a Coinmaster and my 9 y.o. is able to use it with some effort but we don't have the kiddie lower rod.
The only reason to go with the Pro is if another adult will be using it, for a young kid you want to disc out everything under dime. Even with nickels open they will be digging a bunch of junk.

I'm with Milhaus, you have a local dealer for White's (a HUGE plus), you CAN get a peewee shaft for that machine, the CM PRO would be my choice because it's a great starter machine for a kid and the kid can grow into it without outgrowing it for a long time. It will serve YOU as a back-up if needed as well, if you can get the kid to let go of it.... :lol:

I am leaning towards the coinmaster pro more and more all the time for the reason I think it's also pretty equivelent to the Garrett ace 250 as far as features so I'd have a backup incase something happens to mine. plus the peewee rod deal so we can get it a little shorter for her and the dealer being close is also a huge plus for me he is also a member of the MDers club. plus I like to buy local as much as possible. later on if I want to upgrade to a better machine then my oldest could have a machine also getting mine handed down to her I've already been looking at several of the other whites or maybe going with the AT pro plus now i gotta make a decision here pretty quickly as I sold the bounty hunter tonight that she had been using. LOL so she's gonna be on me big time to get her a replacement

I am leaning towards the coinmaster pro more and more all the time for the reason I think it's also pretty equivelent to the Garrett ace 250 as far as features so I'd have a backup incase something happens to mine. plus the peewee rod deal so we can get it a little shorter for her and the dealer being close is also a huge plus for me he is also a member of the MDers club. plus I like to buy local as much as possible. later on if I want to upgrade to a better machine then my oldest could have a machine also getting mine handed down to her I've already been looking at several of the other whites or maybe going with the AT pro plus now i gotta make a decision here pretty quickly as I sold the bounty hunter tonight that she had been using. LOL so she's gonna be on me big time to get her a replacement

Awwww... just walk on in to that local dealer and get that CM Pro, I bet you WON'T regret it! And you'll have it NOW instead of waiting for that brown truck to bring one...

Stop worrying so much about your 3rd detector and start thinking about your 4th and 5th.

well we're going to go demo the coinmaster and coinmaster pro on saturday so we're gonna be comming home with one of them. I ended up selling the Bounty hunter the other evening to a guy loking for a metal detector so we're just down to 1 now and she's busting my chops about getting her another one like I knew she would be

well we got the coinmaster pro for her man that thing is kinda cute with the peewee shaft on it. LOL and ended up picking up a used hori hori knife for 5.00 while we was there. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom