Scoop magnets

Ill Digger

Forum Supporter
I see lots of folks in pictures and YouTube videos with magnets inside thier scoops. Where do you get them? What size or strength do you want? Can anyone point me in the right direction to finding a nice strong magnet for my scoop?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've used them before. Not now. I think they're a waste unless you're running a PI.

R5

I've used them before. Not now. I think they're a waste unless you're running a PI.

R5

I have one on the end of the handle of my digger under the grip. It's really handy for rusty iron even on dry land.

I took two magnets out of an old hard drive, only put one at the back inside of my scoop. I sometimes turn the disc way down at the beach and will get bottle caps and hair pins at times... doesn’t seem to be a burden either way.

Computer hard drive magnets. You can find them cheap on ebay.

RS11.jpg

Only needed for a PI detector as already stated. They keep small iron from falling back out of the scoop wasting your time doing multiple searches for the same target. But they rust and degrade from the salt water too. If You are not using a PI don't waste your time.

X2 Goodmore. Earth magnets have a salty price too...... and like he said most have to be replaced regularly. Waste of time unless you use a PI. Even the iron targets ....... such as junk jewelry i might dig, i dont need a magnet to know its junk. If you are digging anything that attaches to a magnet..... you maybe wasting time... or at least i would be for what im looking for.

Like was said, unless you use a pulse machine or dig everything then you don't need magnets. If you discriminate out rusty steel and iron then you are fine.

Attachments

• magnets.jpg
    magnets.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 126
Did the hard drive magnets when I was using the Dual Field, the zip ties gave in over time and I haven't replaced. I don't think I'd want one of those strong rare earth magnets near my new baby Equinox :lol::grin:

Back
Top Bottom