Sterling silver ring yesterday, 10KP gold ring today

evilxenu

I snagged a Garrett AT Pro as an upgrade from my Ace 250 from Craig at ShowMeTreasure this past week (who, by the way, gave me a GREAT deal -- look him up!!!) It arrived a couple of days ago and the first two days were spent messing around in my backyard in Pro / Zero / 00 Iron mode. I thought I had cleaned that area out completely but the ATP picked up some things I had missed with my Ace 250. The killer for me was to find a small silver ring with "Sterling" marked on the inside. Wahoo!

Yesterday's finds are below. I included the bolt -- I lost that from my lawnmower a couple of years ago. I chuckled when I pulled it up:

attachment.php

Today it was off to a park that I've hit before without much luck. I started off in a volleyball court, meandered around a shelter and got a bit discouraged with all of the junk. So, I headed off into an area that was open but was a bit away from all the pull-tabs and beer bottle caps. I had initially been running at 4 bars of sensitivity but since I was in a 'quieter' spot, I decided to max out the sensitivity rating, hoping to pick up old dimes or something. Well, after traversing this area, I got a ring / pull-tab reading of around 55 at about 6" down. My first thought is a pull-tab, but I'm still learning the machine so I figured I'd go for the dig. After I saw the gold color emerge from the dirt I was literally yelling "No way! Noooo wayyyy!" This is the very first time I've been lucky enough to pull gold from the ground. I'm super pumped!

The ring is stamped with "10KP" and "S.H.C." on the inside. I weighed it on my postage scale and it says 10 grams (but the resolution isn't that great so I don't know the exact weight.)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20161015_144203.jpg
    IMG_20161015_144203.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,805
  • IMG_20161015_144215.jpg
    IMG_20161015_144215.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2,790
  • IMG_20161015_144259.jpg
    IMG_20161015_144259.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 2,800
Very nice. I had to look up 10KP.
This is what I found:
The letters KP stand for karat plumb. These letters indicate that the ring in question is guaranteed to contain gold that has a purity grading equal to or greater than the amount stamped.

What a great way to start out with the AT Pro.:D Looks like it will open up "new" old ground to hunt. Best of luck with the new machine.:yes: That gold ring is a BEAUTY !!!!

Congrats on the finds and getting an ATP. I own two and they are my favorites. Consider getting the 5x8 coil. Much lighter than the stock coil and with not much loss of area covered.

Recently hit a foil signal at 45 and pulled out what I thought was a pull tab. After examining it I realized it was a 10K ring that was missing what must have been two very nice stones. It was so small though that many machines would probably have missed it.

Good machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1346.jpg
    IMG_1346.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,127
Awesome find, Chipk!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! This machine is very very nice. I can hardly wait until the weekend to take it out again.

--ex

Back
Top Bottom