• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CTX still holding up well

Dflan83

Elite Member
Thought about possibly getting an equinox but I still am partial to my FBS and reluctant to try something new. My hunting buddy has the equinox 800 and while a good machine and fast I just think I am not missing a lot. Anyhow
was out doing some freshwater hunting for three hours and found a small ring and earring and my buddy found a necklace.

Water is the best place to be this time of year

GL HH

Attachments

• 20180616_104727.jpg
    20180616_104727.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 217
Interesting that you guys hunt together with those machines and I see the E trac history.

Keep posting your experiences.

Nice finds!

The Equinox is great but I still love my CTX and do a lot of hunting with it. Its still the king of coin shooting as far as I'm concerned. Mine has held up well too.

I sold my CTX because of weight and got the NOX but if a lighter CTX came out tomorrow I would buy it right away.
I loved my CTX.

I really like my CTX as well. I also have a equinox 800 and like it too. But the CTX is my favorite for parks and yards. I use the 800 in the creeks and rivers and the trashy sites. It is a great detector as well. The accuracy of the CTX makes it a very efficient detector and the target trace really adds to it. The high speed processing of the 800 and it's light weight make it a very nimble detector that is easy to use in the water and has great target separation in the trash.

I really like my CTX as well. I also have a equinox 800 and like it too. But the CTX is my favorite for parks and yards. I use the 800 in the creeks and rivers and the trashy sites. It is a great detector as well. The accuracy of the CTX makes it a very efficient detector and the target trace really adds to it. The high speed processing of the 800 and it's light weight make it a very nimble detector that is easy to use in the water and has great target separation in the trash.

:goodpost:

That would be my exact reply! Love my CTX's & the Equinox is great for long hunts!

I am a CTX fan as well. Have owned a lot of other detectors including Minelab. But the CTX is the king to me. I have a Nox 800 on order and don't expect it to live up to the CTX. But on 95 degree days and 5 to6 hour hunts the 800 may be a welcome addition.

I agree........ had they just make the CTX lighter id stayed with it as well. In the water the Nox isnt as refined as the CTX..... more chatty and takes more work. But it dont swing like it has a dead horse attached either out there. However......... if the CTX gets swamped..... ouch on the price and a good many no longer have a warranty.

Honestly....... i dont think you are missing much IN the water with the CTX.

Back
Top Bottom