Deceptive targets...

(Heavy)

Elite Member
What has proven to be the most irritating trash signal in your experience?

I would offer up the common pencil :lol:

The aluminum end that holds the eraser will tell my machiine it is 5-6 inches deep and reads in the juicy gold range while actually being just under the surface. I over dig pencils every single time plus they get my attention because they don't mimic a pulltab... fools the sizing display as well.

i never had anything like that lol, i get the same sounds from aluminum on all the Disc settings

i would have bottle caps lol, the older ones ring different then the newer ones and i always think theyre coins lol

What has proven to be the most unexpected trash signal in your experience?

I would offer up the commom pencil :lol:

The aluminum end that holds the eraser will tell my machiine it is 5-6 inches deep and reads in the juicy gold range while actually being just under the surface. I over dig pencils every single time plus they get my attention because they don't mimic a pulltab... fools the sizing display as well.

I believe this effect happens to every metal detector. If a signal is faint, the reading may/will show the object as deeper than it is and another metal. If a signal is very strong the object may/will show as being close to the surface, when it is actually deeper and bigger.

What is your MD?

joke coins, "heads I win-Tails you lose" with a busty torso of a woman on one side and her cute behind on the other. same size and tone as a quarter. dug a half dozen out of my yard under a tree swing- lol

Light Bulb ends. And fired 22 casings. I've seen more than my share of both.

What has proven to be the most unexpected trash signal in your experience?

I would offer up the commom pencil :lol:

I hate those things also, they always fool me read close to nickel on my MD

i never had anything like that lol, i get the same sounds from aluminum on all the Disc settings

i would have bottle caps lol, the older ones ring different then the newer ones and i always think theyre coins lol

I agree on the older caps off of the glass 16oz bottles with the screw off caps. Those suckers ring in as penny/dime. I dug 3 this morning.

An odd thing that I seem to find now and then is the old porcelain/zinc Ball jar lids. They ring in just like dimes and I have found 2 of them that have been down about 10".

i hate those 22 casings...they get me every time....

38 specials around here, found three recently and I've decided to not go out tonight with fireworks masking gun fire. People are hot, tempers are short and some don't have AC... recipe for a mugging :roll:

I agree on the older caps off of the glass 16oz bottles with the screw off caps. Those suckers ring in as penny/dime. I dug 3 this morning.

An odd thing that I seem to find now and then is the old porcelain/zinc Ball jar lids. They ring in just like dimes and I have found 2 of them that have been down about 10".

yeah its really weird lol, im always like "woot! another coin" *dig 5 inches*, "just another piece of junk!" :laughing:

I'll fourth or fifth .22 casings.

also, I find a ton of what look like the metal guards under medicine caps or something. They're old though and I have no clue what they are .... aside from the fact that they ring up like a Merc =/

i was in my backyard practicing, expecting to find a lot of junk but there wasn't that much. i got a very jumpy signal that pinpointed like a light-switch. as i dug and probed, it's location kept changing. when i was just about to give up on it, my pinpointer, which was a few feet away from on the ground, briefly vibrated. after sifting through the soil a bit, i located a mashed lead pellet (22 cal).

Back
Top Bottom