Need help with my Tracker IV

Historian1776

EDIT: I MEANT TO SAY QUICK DRAW II. Does anyone have any experience with this machine? It had great reviews so i bought it off of amazon. This is my first detector and im psyched but i cant figure out how to get it to read properly. It chatters a lot even when nothing is there. It makes different sounds and I cant tell what each means. It came with almost no instructions. Any advice? Hopefully from someone with experience. Thanks fellas

Are you using it indoors? Sounds like you're getting interference (EMI). Turn down the sensitivity & that should help. See if you can contact the Manuf & see if there is a manual that you can download, perhaps google search instead for it. Good luck!

Yes, in fact i have only tested it inside. Ill try to turn down the sensitivity, thanks fir the advice! It has numbers 1 through 10 on the screen..it says its a depth reader but doesnt appear to be very accurate. When i hover over a penny it will say 6 inches when its only 1 inch away from the coil

Yes, in fact i have only tested it inside. Ill try to turn down the sensitivity, thanks fir the advice! It has numbers 1 through 10 on the screen..it says its a depth reader but doesnt appear to be very accurate. When i hover over a penny it will say 6 inches when its only 1 inch away from the coil

Then it's going crazy due to all of the EMI produced by all of your electricial appliances in your house. Go outside away from any power sources & it will be just fine. Crank up the sensitivity for maximum depth & adjust your discrimination as needed.

My wi-fi drives my detectors nuts! Also, when bench testing/air testing be sure to take off any rings, watches or other jewelry.

Dusty

Back
Top Bottom