Has the Vanquish Vanquished?

normx2

Elite Member
Will this one fall from a hot air balloon? roll off the back of a Fed Ex truck???

I hope it's a higher end machine. I don't know why Minelab would be so hush hush and tease it like they are if the new detector is not going to be something special. I personally would not find anything sub-Equinox worthy of the tease.

I hope it's a higher end machine. I don't know why Minelab would be so hush hush and tease it like they are if the new detector is not going to be something special. I personally would not find anything sub-Equinox worthy of the tease.

Yeah, boring ..Equinox or be quiet.:lol:

I personally have no interest in entry level detectors. The detector companies and their marketing teams believe that is where the money is. Me? I will wait for the detector that makes the Equinox obsolete.

Clearly an X-Terra replacement. Only interesting speculation is whether it will be selective multifreaker (one freq at a time) or a true multi like the rest of the ML lineup.

Not sure why they didnt listen to the consumer's, they really need an updated CTX or etrac. A waterproof, light, wireless etrac would make the equinox irrelevant! :laughing:

I would still love to see a waterproof Sovereign in a smaller box. Oh well.

I would still love to see a waterproof Sovereign in a smaller box. Oh well.

I agree but I think we are just dreaming. I wish that they made the Xcal a pound or two lighter. But again I am just dreaming.

When has a manufacturer ever listened to the customer???

Not sure why they didnt listen to the consumer's, they really need an updated CTX or etrac. A waterproof, light, wireless etrac would make the equinox irrelevant! :laughing:
I had the etrac then sold it and bought the CTX in '13. It's my only machine, and I still think it is fantastic and is standing the test of time. What would you see as possible improvements for an upgrade to the CTX?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

An updated screen that you can see outside in the sunlight would be good, faster recovery speed, Lighter?? I believer you could start John Deere tractor on a cold morning with the battery power an Etrac needs.

CTX and Etrac are both legends in they're own time and will find the finds but I too wonder why upgrades/modernizing is not viable for companies like Minelab. So far Minelab has failed to call me and ask for comment, so until then....

A lighter form factor on the CTX. More compact and software updates. All carbon fiber including the head module and coil. Less expensive coils.

An updated screen that you can see outside in the sunlight would be good, faster recovery speed, Lighter?? I believer you could start John Deere tractor on a cold morning with the battery power an Etrac needs.

CTX and Etrac are both legends in they're own time and will find the finds but I too wonder why upgrades/modernizing is not viable for companies like Minelab. So far Minelab has failed to call me and ask for comment, so until then....
I really haven't had an issue with the CTX screen. Compare it to a cell phone, now that's bad. And weight, I think it's pretty light. I'm 61 and can swing it a good 5 hours without getting tied. Faster recovery would be a bonus. CTX is great on batteries, all day on the rechargeable. It's a more balanced machine than the etrac.

A lighter form factor on the CTX. More compact and software updates. All carbon fiber including the head module and coil. Less expensive coils.
Agree the coils could be cheaper.

I had the etrac then sold it and bought the CTX in '13. It's my only machine, and I still think it is fantastic and is standing the test of time. What would you see as possible improvements for an upgrade to the CTX?

The CTX is close to, if not, my favorite machine ever made. If they could make it lighter, wireless, and keep the price reasonable, they would have the best selling machine on the market IMO. Take the shaft and display off the nox, modify it a little to give it the CTX look, and put the CTX guts inside and BAM! I can dream right? Lol

The Vanquish will likely be entry level. Why? Because that is where the money is made, not at the high end, where relatively few are sold to hard core detectorists. ML doesn't care if the newbies use it forever or for two weeks as long as a sale is made. Garrett (and to a lesser extent First Texas) has known this and has reaped the benefits of it for a long time with the Ace series. Now ML (Vanquish) and Nokta/Makro (Simplex) are going to make a move on that lucrative market and that will be that as far as Garrett is concerned.

Regarding a CTX upgrade -

Price point closer to Equinox than CTX

The light weight of Equinox with a better, CTX-worthy build quality.

Equinox battery on detector charging so you don't set yourself up for leaks because you have to constantly remove the battery for charging.

Equinox streamlined menu navigation.

CTX target track pattern discrimination and stable FE-CO target IDs on deep silver.

Equinox target/site optimized Multi IQ frequency profiles and accompanying superior ground compensation, tracking, and recovery speed.

Equinox mid-conductor performance.

Adding a true mineralization meter which both detectors lack.

Equinox integrated wireless audio with options (BT or Wi Stream)

Honoring the promise of software feature and bug fix upgrades for more than one year after introduction.

Equinox accessory coil prices and encouraging third party coil manufacturers to participate

That would be a nice detector.

I don't have any detector, and i'm waiting for big reveal..
If price / features will be good i will buy :)

The CTX is close to, if not, my favorite machine ever made.

I agree. It is my favorite of all the ones I've used. I'd love to see a lighter CTX with all the same features but an added "turbo mode" that lets you select a single frequency. Basically letting you switch back and forth between a traditional FBS machine to another mode that performs similar to the Nox. Not even sure if thats possible but it would be awesome! I'd even be willing to pay a fairly hefty price for it since it would allow me to sell off all of my other detectors.

I would like a lighter fbs2 package along with multi iq. Throw in selectable single frequency and there is the next flagship

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom