Civil War Weapons

Doobaz91

My dad showed me parts of an old black powered pistol the his dad found. He said they went to Appomatix(Virginia) and he discovered it burrowed under the ground about an inch or so. Well i just thought that was really interesting and was wondering if anyone had a story to tell. Thanks for your time.By the way he has some old bullets as well pretty cool i think. I'll post pics if possible.

cool i love storys like that where people hide stuff in walls and its found years later.

when i was a kid we where fishing along a creek on the Ohio river and I found a bayonet on the bank...dont know what ever happened to it...think my dad may still have it. ive detected that bank alot and always find something..lots of mini balls and even some buttons..its about a mile from one of the only "battles" that took place in this state..that battle lasted 15min.

Relic hunting is a lot of fun.. and the research sure teaches a lot of history.. another positive facet of this hobby... RickO

Found this a few years ago. Its a trigger guard for an old gun. I think it may be older than Civil war

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 458
Back
Top Bottom