Take your pick..dfx or Se back to back hunts...silver, wheatie, Sac and clad.

DFX-Gregg

Elite Member
The dfx rung up $7.20 in clad including a Sac dollar, my first of the year and a 45-d wheatie. The Se got a smaller pile of clad but added another silver, a 56 Rosie. The first pic is the finds total on Monday for the dfx.... The second pic is just the rosie found by the Se on Sunday...looked better without the clad...

Attachments

• may 19th sac dollar 45-d wheatie, $7.20.jpg
    may 19th sac dollar 45-d wheatie, $7.20.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 321
  • May 18th 56 rosie with Se.jpg
    May 18th 56 rosie with Se.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 308
Awesome result on both machines as usual. I would be happy to claim either days finds for a 2 day hunt! Man you slay those coins.

cb

I get out alot...and believe me I have my share of bad days...but thanks...the Sac dollar surprised me the most...was deeper than I have found one...4 inches...came across on the dfx as a solid 84 with two solid bars all the way to the right...like a quarter but loud...

Nice hunts! How deep was the Rosie?

It was only two inches and was found at a old high school baseball field...one of the few not gated in here...which helps... Last time i went there I found a 27 wheatie...there was a guy flying around like a maniac with a Bounty Hunter... He was going so fast I saw him take at least 3 breaks of 15 minutes each... I was only there three hours that day... He never said a word to me...so I was guessing he considers it his turf! I will only hit on Sunday...and now that I know he comes at 1pm...I will be there earlier... :)

Nice haul there, Gregg!

Thanks been putting in a lot of time with Explorer...took the dfx to a park I used to play in when I was a kid...first time back there in years... Only thing that was really different was the tot lot now has those darn black rubber mats... :( Oh well...

Hey Gregg, great pile of goodies as always. Sometimes I wonder since you find so much stuff if the U.S. Mint, mints the stuff for you. Nice going dude!
How's the SE coming along?

Good digs Greg - keep on and you will break the record !! Steve in so az

Thanks Steve I am sure you are finding more than your share...:) Or at least I hope so. I am having to work very hard this year to try to catch my numbers from last year... I have changed locations which has seemed to help. If I see someone detecting an area I actually like to go there...around here usually someone detecting is like saying ok there are regular coin spills here. That theory has been working well also.

Hey Gregg, great pile of goodies as always. Sometimes I wonder since you find so much stuff if the U.S. Mint, mints the stuff for you. Nice going dude!
How's the SE coming along?

Tim I am mainly using the Se...just not posting as much. Both detectors get the job done on the clad...the Se seems to work better in the mineralized soil and seems much more stable for me near power lines and other power sources.

Today I hit my second sac dollar this week...also for the year at a forest preserve. But this time the Se got it...Picked up around $3.50 in clad. Than got the dfx out this afternoon for an hour only around .80 in clad but got a rabies dog tag and a boy scout badge/pin/buckle whatever those things are.

Greg i think you are starting to see once you get a good detector then it becomes the USER who makes the difference. Both detectors do an excellent job.

Greg i think you are starting to see once you get a good detector then it becomes the USER who makes the difference. Both detectors do an excellent job.

Glad I kept both... also because I am getting out so much a change of pace really helps... Seems to make responses sharper to me... Alot of people told me to just dump the dfx... I will tell you...when it gets out it always does a good job of helping to pay for the Se... :)

I have a DFX but I use it maybe once or twice a year. My friends have changed from the DFX to The Minelab and say it gets coins deeper. Since I don't hunt the ground much anymore I am not changing.

Good finds.

I have a DFX but I use it maybe once or twice a year. My friends have changed from the DFX to The Minelab and say it gets coins deeper. Since I don't hunt the ground much anymore I am not changing.

Good finds.

I agree...the Minelab is deeper...but the dfx is still a very good detector...it is going to rack up alot of goodies along with the se this summer. The dfx and se are going to pay for the accessories I need..takes a lot longer than you water guys....

Back
Top Bottom