What to do if I got ripped off CRHing?

HipsterKitty

I bought $25 in dimes to kill a couple minutes, and the very first roll produced a measly $4.20. After looking at the rest, only one seems to be filled to the $5 mark. But since I don't have a receipt or anything, what can I do? Will they even take them back? Or do I just have to take a loss?

Second roll had a candy wrapper in it taking up the space of at least three dimes. Not to mention it was already short... I'll keep you all updated.

The only thing you can try is taking them back and telling them what happened. The only worse outcome is them not believing you and you take a loss. Or take it a step further and speak to a Manager if no help from the customer service and say you will take your business elsewhere to another bank. But were only talking little money here so is it even worth it? Good Luck.

Roll one: $4.20
Roll two: $3.90 and a candy wrapper
Roll three: $4.20
Roll four: $4.10
Roll five: $4.90
Total: $21.30. I paid $25 for that. I understand that no one intended to rob me specifically, but it still hurts... I let this happen all the time...

The only thing you can try is taking them back and telling them what happened. The only worse outcome is them not believing you and you take a loss. Or take it a step further and speak to a Manager if no help from the customer service and say you will take your business elsewhere to another bank. But were only talking little money here so is it even worth it? Good Luck.

Keep in mind I'm in high school and without a job. I get a couple hundred dollars every December for my birthday and Christmas, and then that has to last me the rest of the year. Proportionally, for me to lose $3.70 is about the same as someone with a full-time job losing $370.

Roll one: $4.20
Roll two: $3.90 and a candy wrapper
Roll three: $4.20
Roll four: $4.10
Roll five: $4.90
Total: $21.30. I paid $25 for that. I understand that no one intended to rob me specifically, but it still hurts... I let this happen all the time...

Does this happen all the time from the same bank??? If so then I would certainly say something to them!

The longer you wait, the worse your chances are.

With any luck there are more of those rolls at the bank which will help your cause.

Do it now..you'll feel better.

if all rolls were not the same lengh... your short 8-11 dimes per roll and that is a noticable difference...you never had a roll of dimes b4? seems a bit fishy. ive rolled hundreds of rolls of dimes and with them all lined up if a roll looks like it could be 1-2 dimes short, Ill dump and recount. roll 50 dimes and look at the size, then look at a roll thats missing 11, 11 dimes is a big difference. you should be able to tell that there not same size. you had a $3.90 roll and a $4.90 roll difference thats 20% difference. dosnt make sense that you didnt see a difference. Where did you get them? IMO your stuck. Lesson learned...cliff.

Keep in mind I'm in high school and without a job. I get a couple hundred dollars every December for my birthday and Christmas, and then that has to last me the rest of the year. Proportionally, for me to lose $3.70 is about the same as someone with a full-time job losing $370.

Im sorry but to lose $3.70 and be that worried about it I think you need to be a bit more careful when CRHing. It doesn't take a genius to see that the roles are different sizes. Losing $370 is a big difference that $3.70 by the way. Maybe you should look into getting a job and make some extra income. Just my 2 cents.

In the future you should consider bringing a precision scale when you buy the coins - if the rolls does'nt have the same weight, then open them, while the cashier is watching.

Don't forget that the silver coin you are looking for does'nt have the same weight as the ordinary coins. This means that you don't mind if the weight is bigger than you expect.

Maybe the method with the scale can be used to verify if there's anything worth looking for within the rolls without opening them????

GL

/steffen

I dont think she could of got them from a bank, they would know the difference, the banks have them in trays and with 11 missing from one roll ya think they would notice, candy rapper or not.

If i were you for future reference id make yourself a full roll of dimes up and then get a small wooden stick or piece of none threatening plastic and cut it to the length of the dimes..then when you go to buy rolls...you can have your stick or piece of plastic with you.

You can even gat ones made for rolls of pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters t them onto a keyrong and always take them with you..when you get a box then tap them on the counter and check the lengths...if someone has inserted something into them it wont sound the same.

Sorry it cant be fixed now without causing a stink but this should help you in the future

In my humble opinion, if you cant tell when a roll is 11 coins short, you probably should'nt be buying 25 bucks worth in the first place. As someone with limited income myself, I would never do something like buy $25 worth of dimes from a bank that ripped me off already (however unintentionally it was)

In my humble opinion, if you cant tell when a roll is 11 coins short, you probably should'nt be buying 25 bucks worth in the first place. As someone with limited income myself, I would never do something like buy $25 worth of dimes from a bank that ripped me off already (however unintentionally it was)

It had a candy wrapper in it which made it look bigger than it acctually was. She didnt say the bank ripped her off before, she said she lets things like this happen all the time. Meaning she constantly gets short changed and doesnt make a big deal about it, not that this specific bank keeps short changing her.

It had a candy wrapper in it which made it look bigger than it acctually was. She didnt say the bank ripped her off before, she said she lets things like this happen all the time. Meaning she constantly gets short changed and doesnt make a big deal about it, not that this specific bank keeps short changing her.

The point is 11 dimes and a candy wrapper dont weight the same amount, put them on a scale and judge it for yourself. If you would like to see the difference, I have a scale, a candy wrapper, and 11 dimes, I can photograph them for you

I got the $25 back in cash, and they're contacting the guy who gave them the rolls because they went through the rest of them and every single one came up short. I've been to that bank twice before, and both times they gave me MORE than I paid for. So that's why I didn't think much of it. One of my five rolls was a lot longer than the others, so I just assumed it was a lot of free dimes.
And yeah, by saying that I let this stuff happen a lot, I just mean that I'm too trusting. I've been scammed out of so much money on Craigslist, for example. I just never think that anyone really is heartless like that until it's too late.
Now, who's Coin Master? This is the second time I've been accused of being him/her, and I still don't even know what anyone is talking about.

Back
Top Bottom