• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Soon off to the bank for another 2 boxes of halves today....

Good Luck! I will be doing the same also soon!

Good luck, I am going to the bank for a box of halves and a box of dimes here soon. I was skunked last week, hope this week is better

I spy from my little eye a box of silver for kingTotsalot. It may be one, it may be two but I see silver coming to you.:lol::lol: Good luck my man, hope you find a bunch.:thumbsup:

Thank you all for your best wishes and......!

Drum Roll!!!!!!!!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

KT burned through both boxes beginning at 5 pm when He arrived at the Castle....found two 40%ers in the first $100 of the first box! After running the entire first box, took a break for dinner and then back at it! Well what do you know???:?::?: Another 2 40%ers in the second box! So He got a total of 4....1 1966, 2 1967, 1 1968 !!!!!

Plus something I never figured....there were at least 3 fresh rolls of 1996 Ds in that first box...like someone had cashed in some new rolls! KT hand picked out the very best of them to make up 2 rolls of UNC(almost) to put back. The edges of the rims of these coins are so sharp they almost will cut you! At first glance they look like proofs...! Two bottom pics show the condition of the coin and close up of the date and mint of those 96 Ds.

Pics are taken with my Celestron usb microscope....

My total CRHing is now 5 40%ers in $2000 of halves run. It was a good two boxes!

Tomorrow I will be taking the first $400 of these to the bank to see if that "slot" coin counting machine pays off like it did last time! :lol::lol:

Enjoy the pics and I will post in a separate thread in this topic when I get the results from the bank counter!

Attachments

• Image24.jpg
    Image24.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 504
  • Image25.jpg
    Image25.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 499
  • Image26.jpg
    Image26.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 508
  • Image27.jpg
    Image27.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 504
  • Image28.jpg
    Image28.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 495
great job, I was skunked on $1,500 worth again...........

Sorry to hear that ....KT gets the feeling CRHing is a lot of luck of the draw! Consider myself very lucky with these 2 boxes! One of these days He's gonna hit a 90 %er but until then, He will take every 40%er He can find! :lol:

:gettinmoney: Keep at it goes4ever, you will hit a hot streak !

Sorry to hear that ....KT gets the feeling CRHing is a lot of luck of the draw! Consider myself very lucky with these 2 boxes! One of these days He's gonna hit a 90 %er but until then, He will take every 40%er He can find! :lol:

:gettinmoney: Keep at it goes4ever, you will hit a hot streak !
thanks King, I have been at it for 4 years.

2008 I found 700+ silver
2009 I found I think around 400
2010 a measly 165 silver
2011 only about 60 silver found CRHing

way too many people putting articles in magazine and videos on youtube explaining how to do it, which caused a million people to get into the hobby. It was the normal for me to get a box and find 15-16 silver halves. Crazy, but I can find way more in the ground :laughing:

Just curious-what do you think about customer turned in rolls, verses boxes?
Just wondering if the customer turn in's are better, right out of the tellers batch. I just started CRH.
I only bought $200.00 worth of customer turn ins, from different branches, but I found 5 silvers.
Yet, you said there were 5 after spending $2,000.
Is it possible that there's a difference? Or maybe I just got lucky.

customer rolls are your best bet. problem is they are hard to find.I look but rarely banks around here have them

KT concurs with goe4ever, if you can find customer rolls then those are what you want. But the boxes I am buying come from the main bank and they order them and have them shipped to my branch. I would love to get the chance to buy a bag that comes from turnins from a coin machine...However, my bank tells me they all go in to the company that operates the coin machine...they clean them and recount them before auto rolling them.

KT suspects that the autorolled coins are what He is buying to search, but their source is really unknown. They come in flat boxes with 100 perforations on the bottom and the statement. Before opening check perforations to check roll count. It may be that someone in the company is pulling all the 90%ers....don't know but have not recovered one yet..they can do that easily without having to examine every coin..just looking at the edge for those coins showing no copper. To find the 40%ers, you have to look at the dates, because they show some copper on the edges. Others seem to find reasonable numbers of 90%ers....so KT keeps trying! So long as He is getting some silver, no matter what % He will continue...Besides, KT never knows what the "dump" machine is going to do...how much extra it will give Him! :lol::?::lol:

Off this morning to do a coin dump and see what happens! :D

bags from machines are the BEST you can get....IF you can find a bank that will sell em!

My best ever was finding 273 silver halves in one $500 bag!!!!!

well my skunk streak is over! I had to go to an out of town funeral today and after we stopped at a bank and I asked them if they had any rolls of halves. They had $100 worth and I bought them all...........I actually found 2 40% halves.....wooHOOOOO!!!
first CRHing silver of 2012

Keep at it KT. There's plenty silver out there to be found. I'ma inquire next week at my bank about them there bags from that coin machine and see what the deal is.

Back
Top Bottom