What do you feel better is better buy.

BC Buck

Whites V3i with a sunray Dx-1
Probe, with an extra coil, carrying case,
battery pack and charger for $600. Said was about 4 years old.

Local guy has Equinox 600 with a warranty that he said is transferable $575. Said would take me out and help me learn unit.

Probably could negotiate them both down a little but would probably take the Equinox.

Not knowing your type of detecting for general purposes, the Nox.

Nox. The warranty IS transferable. He will help you learn the Nox. It's waterproof. The Whites is 4 years old. If the Whites has undisclosed problems its fix is on your dime. The Nox has newer technology. Etc, etc. The money is a non factor.

Whites V3i with a sunray Dx-1
Probe, with an extra coil, carrying case,
battery pack and charger for $600. Said was about 4 years old.

Local guy has Equinox 600 with a warranty that he said is transferable $575. Said would take me out and help me learn unit.

I'd call some of the sponsors here. You could probably get a new 600 for that price, or REALLY close.

Better buy? In this case it's the V3i. $575 for a used Equinox 600 is pretty much the new detector price. A good condition used V3i (with wireless headphones) without the Sunray probe is worth about $700 these days, so it's clearly the better buy of the two.

I think the previous posters confused better buy with better "detector," although even that is debatable (I won't get into that). But to answer your question which of the two detectors you posted about is the better buy, then it is definitely the V3i.

Equinox

Had a V3i , now if your into tweaking, playing with adjustments the V3i is your machine, traded mine in along with other machines for a CTX 3030, you will be happy with the Equinox but a bit over 600 bucks, i sugest you buy a new one from a sponsor, happy hunting.

I still enjoy my V3i, even though I have gone through two FBS Minelabs and now the Equinox. The V3i does "analyze" targets extremely well, up to 6 inches in depth. That is where the polar display waffles, but all in all, the V3i is strong.

The thing about the V3i is to stay really close to the factory settings. Over tweaking is a downside. I love my V3i, when I need a precise detector. Eight years of running mine has been lots of fun. It will always be in my quiver.

I think if you can get a look at that v3i and see that it's in good condition. That price is hard to beat

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom