emboldened by success leads to another good yard

MTtrashdigger

Elite Member
A couple days a go I found my first ever silver half and my oldest coin ever in a private yard, in one of the oldest parts of town. And even tough that hunt didn't end quite the way the way I wish it did, (The homeowner wouldn't let me keep the coins), I was emboldened to find another permission in the same area. After driving around for a bit in the same neighborhood, I was able to catch a nice lady out in her yard. Her house was built in 1910 and initially, I just asked if she minded if I hunted the curbstrip in front. This lady had no problem and told me to go ahead I told her i would be respectful and then asked if could hunt her yard. She had no problem with that either so I went and unpacked my stuff. The curbstrip had a couple of wheats and a few copper memorials from the sixties so i was hopeful for silver. I carefully gridded her front yard for 3 straight hours, and the signals were everywhere. All in all, I ended up with 10 wheats from the forties and fifties, 2.76 in clad and memorials, and 1 more silver merc, this one from 1942.
On my way to that part of town very shortly to go find some more!!

Attachments

• 1942 Merc Heads.jpg
    1942 Merc Heads.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 289
  • clad haul.jpg
    clad haul.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 246
  • 10 wheats and a merc.jpg
    10 wheats and a merc.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 254
Congrats on the successful hunt! That mint mark on the merc is pretty interesting. Is it a double stamp or an error of some sort?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Its funny how success breeds more success. And the more you have the more continues to come. Glad that you rebounded from the lost coins and responded with the confidence to seek another permission. Big congrats on the Merc and all those Wheat's. Trapper

Congrats on the successful hunt! That mint mark on the merc is pretty interesting. Is it a double stamp or an error of some sort?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

The W on the front is the designer's initials. A W with an A under it. The mint mark is on the reverse.

Back
Top Bottom