First hunt

stu8352

Went on my first proper hunt today with my mate Dave.
First outing with my XP ADX 150, and what a machine !
The thing was going off every few feet around a tree in a field I had permission for. It is possible Roman and Saxon area, we only found an old horseshoe, which was about 7" down. When we started to uncover it we thought it was the base of a bomb, as Bath was hit bad in WW2, phew only a horseshoe. And various insignificant things including a 2"metal pin at 7" deep and a penny at 5".
But it was a great afternoon, the 150 works really well, and a pinpointer I bought new for £10.00 did the job very well, looking forward to the next trip, I have mapped the field so I know the areas I have covered ( Ex Army so had to do it, lol)
Thank you for all your advice on choice of machine, and not being an expert, all I can say is the 150 was amazing in my eyes.
Happy hunting to you all.
Stu England

Never heard of that exact detector so had to look it up - looks very interesting and nice!

Congrats on your first hitting and the horse shoe and not a bomb :)

Went on my first proper hunt today with my mate Dave.
First outing with my XP ADX 150, and what a machine !
The thing was going off every few feet around a tree in a field I had permission for. It is possible Roman and Saxon area, we only found an old horseshoe, which was about 7" down. When we started to uncover it we thought it was the base of a bomb, as Bath was hit bad in WW2, phew only a horseshoe. And various insignificant things including a 2"metal pin at 7" deep and a penny at 5".
But it was a great afternoon, the 150 works really well, and a pinpointer I bought new for £10.00 did the job very well, looking forward to the next trip, I have mapped the field so I know the areas I have covered ( Ex Army so had to do it, lol)
Thank you for all your advice on choice of machine, and not being an expert, all I can say is the 150 was amazing in my eyes.
Happy hunting to you all.
Stu England

Glad you enjoyed your hunt. The best is yet to come!

Back
Top Bottom