• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

CW campsite finds

RockCore

Elite Member
Got invited to a permission my buddies had obtained that was the location of a civil war campsite. They've hit this property before and pulled quite a few bullets, a seated half dime, buttons, and a large cent. We moved to a fresh area of the farm and weren't disappointed. We found quite a few more round balls and a few 3-ringers. These are my bullet finds. I got a couple of round balls made into nipple covers and one 3-ringer that I think the same was done to.
Bullets.jpg

N covers.JPG

After a several hours in this spot we moved on. The next area produced mostly junk with just a couple of pistol balls. We decided to call it a day and headed back to the truck when my buddy got a squeaker and decided to dig it. And it was a good thing. This is what he pulled out on his last hole.

Obverse.jpg
Reverse.jpg

All in all it was a great day.

Thanks. This spot has been pretty good. I've only hit it once but quite a few good finds have been recovered. That capped bust was icing on the cake and my buddy's oldest coin to date.

My buddy always pulls the best find at the end of the hunts. He has a knack for it. I was just happy to be out digging! LOL

Now that is some nice lead. If only they could tell their story. Your buddy did well in the dime also. Congratulations.

Got invited to a permission my buddies had obtained that was the location of a civil war campsite. They've hit this property before and pulled quite a few bullets, a seated half dime, buttons, and a large cent. We moved to a fresh area of the farm and weren't disappointed. We found quite a few more round balls and a few 3-ringers. These are my bullet finds. I got a couple of round balls made into nipple covers and one 3-ringer that I think the same was done to.
View attachment 459300

View attachment 459301

After a several hours in this spot we moved on. The next area produced mostly junk with just a couple of pistol balls. We decided to call it a day and headed back to the truck when my buddy got a squeaker and decided to dig it. And it was a good thing. This is what he pulled out on his last hole.

View attachment 459304
View attachment 459305

All in all it was a great day.

Was that capped bust a 5 cent? That doesn't exist....

50 cent maybe? werid.

that one bullet looked like it was extracted with a rod with those curved points to remove stuck bullets. Not sure of the name of the extractor rod.

Back
Top Bottom