First Day of 30 day adventure

nice vid for your first, I have an x-70 as well as my etrac and it is a great machine

Thanks, do you guys think I should post the videos in here I mean all of them for each day? I don't really want to continue to make threads every day lol.

Maybe just have one thread and update it every day. Only do videos if you feel like it. Off to a good start I say. Will be cool to watch your hunting and video technique evolve over 30 days. I wanna see the DD coil in action!

Maybe just have one thread and update it every day. Only do videos if you feel like it. Off to a good start I say. Will be cool to watch your hunting and video technique evolve over 30 days. I wanna see the DD coil in action!

I might head to the beach tomorrow and bring the DD coil with me to cover the beach and switch to the concentric when I go in the water.

Just ran through the coins from today and the last hunt in the tumbler that I bought for 5 bucks. It works excellent and it was only running for 2.5 hours with vinegar.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Enjoyed your 1st vid, those tot-lots are easy money:D Couple of questions, what type camera are you using and where can I get a tumbler for $5?

Ok thanks, I am in the market for a new camera in the $100 and under range. Also nice garage sale find on that tumbler.

I enjoyed the video, although the driving portion was a bit boring. Did you know that the guy tailing you was for the most part in a white car, but when you got close to the school he was in a black car! I kept an eye on him in your driver's side mirror! :lol::lol:

The digs were great and enjoyed that video. Practice makes perfect and right now you have the same problem as many folks who make videos...while the camera is focused on the ground you try and show the coin and it is always out of focus. I don't know how to defeat the problem but it is a common one. You will figure it out, I am certain.

I loved one part especially well. The part where you put the camera down on the grass. I could see through the grass blades and you working with your lesche and hear the grass crunching as you cut it! That was really cool! Maybe an accident but really cool anyway! :lol::lol:

Over all the video was excellent for a first run! I might suggest some editing if you have that available to you as software on the next one. I like to see good still shots of the finds cleaned, especially inserted in the video after each dig...takes a little editing skill but really better in my opinion! I have seen a couple of folks, one of them a Russian member in here, that did that and it was impressive to see the cleaned in focus coin or relic in that context!

Best of luck and I envy you the remaining 29 days! HH

Good luck on your thirty days. P.S. Between the Buried and Me is good stuff. Was lucky enough to see them three times back when they were touring off of their self titled full length and The Silent Circus. Unfortunately, now if you want to see them it cost thirty bucks when they're touring with Dream Theater. I really miss the days of five dollar shows.

very good first video, you did alot better then i would have done workin the camera.

I enjoyed the video, although the driving portion was a bit boring. Did you know that the guy tailing you was for the most part in a white car, but when you got close to the school he was in a black car! I kept an eye on him in your driver's side mirror! :lol::lol:

The digs were great and enjoyed that video. Practice makes perfect and right now you have the same problem as many folks who make videos...while the camera is focused on the ground you try and show the coin and it is always out of focus. I don't know how to defeat the problem but it is a common one. You will figure it out, I am certain.

I loved one part especially well. The part where you put the camera down on the grass. I could see through the grass blades and you working with your lesche and hear the grass crunching as you cut it! That was really cool! Maybe an accident but really cool anyway! :lol::lol:

Over all the video was excellent for a first run! I might suggest some editing if you have that available to you as software on the next one. I like to see good still shots of the finds cleaned, especially inserted in the video after each dig...takes a little editing skill but really better in my opinion! I have seen a couple of folks, one of them a Russian member in here, that did that and it was impressive to see the cleaned in focus coin or relic in that context!

Best of luck and I envy you the remaining 29 days! HH

Windows Movie Maker is very easy to work with, I could have inserted the finds directly after the video but they were all modern clad and junk jewelry so I dont think you guys would have enjoyed it much hahha. As for the focusing, this camera wont let me put it into macro mode when I'm in the video mode which is a downside. I will try and use some of your suggestions when making the next video.

Good luck on your thirty days. P.S. Between the Buried and Me is good stuff. Was lucky enough to see them three times back when they were touring off of their self titled full length and The Silent Circus. Unfortunately, now if you want to see them it cost thirty bucks when they're touring with Dream Theater. I really miss the days of five dollar shows.

Yea they are pretty great I have a few friends in bands that play at a lot of those 5 dollar shows and they are really fun.

Just continue this one. I subscribed to you on utube but if someone doesn't have an account, they won't find new vids. I'd post them here...

Ok thanks, I am in the market for a new camera in the $100 and under range. Also nice garage sale find on that tumbler.

Just looked up the model, its a Panasonic DMC-L27, its great for everything pretty much although I wish it had a macro video option, maybe it does but I have not read the manual which I'm going to do now.

id just post videos if you feel like it, i know if i felt like i had to do something all the time, it would just feel like work....thatd take the fun out of it pretty quickly.

Great job. enjoyed watching your first video. Hope to see one everyday if you can. thanks for sharing.

Very Good "beta" video. Congrats! Enjoyed watching it! Yes the car scenes are a bit boring just like you said they would be. But actually showing the beeps, digging and finds was GREAT! I really like the scene of placing the camera in the grass facing the view of dig GREAT, maybe a new technique to use often? All in all very good!!!!! Good finds too. Glad you showed some junk finds too. You should wear gloves. And you can detune your pinpointer by pressing it off and back on when you get near something just like a metal detector. Isn't the Garret Pinpointer Great ! Very Good Video in my opinion. Thanks for sharing. :hat3:

Back
Top Bottom